2DWorlds Forums

Full Version: 5/8/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
  • Added teams and a leaderboard! I'll post a guide tomorrow after I make them a little easier to use, but you can try to figure it out...
  • Sounds work in multiplayer, and you can use MP3s now.
  • Fixed respawning in top-down mode in multiplayer (I think)
  • Fixed a few other random bugs caused by recent updates
After Qwertygiy makes a leaderbroad, you make an official version. Sure...
I just got the greatest idea ever. Make icons for clans and then those icons can show up on the leaderboard, or next to your name on the website.
(05-09-2012, 02:23 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]
  • Added teams and a leaderboard! I'll post a guide tomorrow after I make them a little easier to use, but you can try to figure it out...
  • Sounds work in multiplayer, and you can use MP3s now.
  • Fixed respawning in top-down mode in multiplayer (I think)

Every single one of these is directly helpful to Carcade. Awesome.

@Dignity

Mine wasn't working properly; it had issues when somebody left the game and getting an error report on it would be quite painstaking.

@Interwebs

Didn't I suggest something like that 5 months ago? Tongue That would definitely be cool, although not very necessary.

EDIT: MP3s don't seem to be working for me. They start to play, and then stop, and won't play again. AIFFs and MIDIs still work.
A leaderboard! Just the thing I need. =D
Now I wish I had that point style leaderboard Qwerker has.
When are you going to post the guide? I can't figure out how to use it. xD
Just add Values to a player's Stats, and they will be shown on the leaderboard.

To make teams, just add them to game.Teams, then add a TextValue called Team to a player to set their team. (this is the part I was going to make easier)
(05-10-2012, 01:04 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Just add Values to a player's Stats, and they will be shown on the leaderboard.

To make teams, just add them to game.Teams, then add a TextValue called Team to a player to set their team. (this is the part I was going to make easier)

Okay thank you! Is there any kind of team spawn point yet?
(05-10-2012, 01:05 AM)Glome Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2012, 01:04 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Just add Values to a player's Stats, and they will be shown on the leaderboard.

Okay thank you! Is there any kind of team spawn point yet?

Not yet.

In unrelated news, I just spent a few hours drinking Coke and optimizing the game engine... now I feel like a real game developer, and the editor is noticeably smoother for me (and doesn't use a whole CPU core to itself.) The update also broke welds, so I won't have it out until I fix that (probably tomorrow.)
(05-10-2012, 02:03 AM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ](and doesn't use a whole CPU core to itself.)

I hope this fixes the incredibly large CPU usage I get when I play a MIDI ingame.
Pages: 1 2