2DWorlds Forums
How should I improve my skin making? - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 2DWorlds Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: How should I improve my skin making? (/showthread.php?tid=653)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Oak - 03-10-2013

(03-10-2013, 10:32 AM)Myem Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 10:06 AM)Oak Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:56 AM)Myem Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:22 AM)Oak Wrote: They may not fit right with 2DWorlds avatar format and size, but they are ok nevertheless.

But he just copied them. He didn't recreate anything, he just took it straight from the source.

Not really, his skins are just highly influenced from other games or site sources. He always tends to re-model things which is fine. Face it, he is the best. Some of the stuff he makes is 100% original but most isn't; it's okay though.

We're talking about his skin spam. Just click on 5 of those links and please tell me you're not just arguing for his defense without even acknowledging the copy pasted images leonartist spammed over thirty times.
Just PLEASE look at them and if you still want to defend spam, then make a screenshot of each one of them explaining their redeeming appearances or whatever you feel that's making you avoid from calling it crap.

Well I know it might be skin spam, but I don't see anything wrong with it. He's just contributing majorly to our skins since nobody else is making them.

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - ijfeswijfae - 03-10-2013

(03-10-2013, 12:22 PM)Oak Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:56 AM)Myem Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:22 AM)Oak Wrote: They may not fit right with 2DWorlds avatar format and size, but they are ok nevertheless.

But he just copied them. He didn't recreate anything, he just took it straight from the source.

Not really, his skins are just highly influenced from other games or site sources. He always tends to re-model things which is fine. Face it, he is the best. Some of the stuff he makes is 100% original but most isn't; it's okay though.

We're talking about his skin spam. Just click on 5 of those links and please tell me you're not just arguing for his defense without even acknowledging the copy pasted images leonartist spammed over thirty times.
Just PLEASE look at them and if you still want to defend spam, then make a screenshot of each one of them explaining their redeeming appearances or whatever you feel that's making you avoid from calling it crap.

Well I know it might be skin spam, but I don't see anything wrong with it. He's just contributing majorly to our skins since nobody else is making them.

I can grab a bunch of poorly resized images from my folder and then spam the skins page with dozens of them. Would that be contribution? Would that benefit anyone? Would anyone appreciate spam?

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Oak - 03-12-2013

(03-10-2013, 11:49 PM)Myem Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 12:22 PM)Oak Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:56 AM)Myem Wrote: But he just copied them. He didn't recreate anything, he just took it straight from the source.

I can grab a bunch of poorly resized images from my folder and then spam the skins page with dozens of them. Would that be contribution? Would that benefit anyone? Would anyone appreciate spam?

It's not the typical spam - it sort of is contribution since no one else is really creating so many skins at once anymore.

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Omega - 03-12-2013

It's quantity over quality, oak. Just because there's an extra page of shitty skins that weren't there the day before does not mean he is the best skin maker ever. Gotta disagree with you on that one.

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Oak - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 11:20 PM)Omega Wrote: It's quantity over quality, oak. Just because there's an extra page of shitty skins that weren't there the day before does not mean he is the best skin maker ever. Gotta disagree with you on that one.

I don't even know anymore if I agree OR disagree with myself anymore..

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Omega - 03-12-2013

So, you just post things to post them or what? Is it just that you want to see that the forms are alive and kicking?

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - ijfeswijfae - 03-13-2013

(03-12-2013, 11:25 PM)Oak Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 11:20 PM)Omega Wrote: It's quantity over quality, oak. Just because there's an extra page of shitty skins that weren't there the day before does not mean he is the best skin maker ever. Gotta disagree with you on that one.

I don't even know anymore if I agree OR disagree with myself anymore..

In Buildism times, posting that copypaste type of shit would get you criticized hard. I know that because there was a thread with the whole community bitching like the little intolerant children they were telling Jacob_ to see how terrible a skin I made was. It was just one crappy skin that you had to post to receive two thread pages of hate.

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Oak - 03-13-2013

I hate it when people just copy and paste textures onto skins on 2DWorlds or even Minecraft too, but I don't mind it.
But it's annoying to me because Leon only does it so he can become even more recognized.

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Omega - 03-13-2013

Do you hate on think Leon is a good artist? Because honestly, you seem bipolar in that debate as a whole

RE: How should I improve my skin making? - Oak - 03-13-2013

I don't wanna put Leon down, but he is creative but I've seen a lot better artists than him such as Excel and a few others. I'm sorry Leon.
Sad