2DWorlds Forums
Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") (/showthread.php?tid=8852)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Walrus - 06-24-2012

I'm smart.

BE JELLY

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Micky - 06-24-2012

I dont consider dubstep to be music. I do agree with Walrus, it is awful, it lacks, i dont know....a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Slendurrman - 06-24-2012

(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.
This argument is not only old, it's flawed greatly. If you have ever used music software, say FL studio for example, you would know it takes alot of time to master.
Saying dubstep takes no form of talent is like saying photo editors have no talent. The only reason people don't say that about photo editors is because they know how it takes time to master photoshop.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Qwertygiy - 06-24-2012

There is, however, a large difference between "real" music and music made with music programs. I've written about 3 songs that I can play quite well on my keyboard but have been impossible to recreate in LMMS, and a good deal of my LMMS songs just cannot be played well on a real instrument.

If done properly, there's nothing worse about songs made with a music program vs. songs made in a recording studio any more than jazz is worse than disco or country is worse than hip-hop. They're just different kinds of music.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Who - 06-24-2012

(06-24-2012, 07:58 AM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 07:33 AM)Micky Wrote: a real instrument?Talent? I can go all night talking about motives for not considering it music.
This argument is not only old, it's flawed greatly. If you have ever used music software, say FL studio for example, you would know it takes alot of time to master.

While yes, I also consider it music if you play the intrument, because an instrument requires both fisical and mental cordination.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Tyler - 06-25-2012

lacks Bassnectar
(06-23-2012, 08:45 PM)Walrus Wrote: How do you people even like dubstep?
It's simply AWFUL.

different tastes in music

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Micky - 06-27-2012

Saying dubstep takes no form of talent is like saying photo editors have no talent. The only reason people don't say that about photo editors is because they know how it takes time to master photoshop.

Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - noob007 - 06-27-2012

I agree with Micky. It may take time, but it takes no talent or passion. Perhaps a few drops of creativity but that's it.

Photo editors take almost no credit for the same reason. Do you know any famous photo editor? No, right? But there are many famous photographers.

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Slendurrman - 06-27-2012

(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote:

Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.
Since you think making music using programs like FL studio are extremely easy, please make some high quality music for me.
I mean it's just sooooo easy right?

RE: Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club") - Qwertygiy - 06-27-2012

(06-27-2012, 05:56 PM)Luckyone Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote:

Since you think making music using programs like FL studio are extremely easy, please make some high quality music for me.
I mean it's just sooooo easy right?

I threw this together in just 10 minutes. (wav file, Mediafire cut off the extension somehow)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?btknelv59vs97vi