2DWorlds Forums
I'm redoing the UI - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: News (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: I'm redoing the UI (/showthread.php?tid=1935)

Pages: 1 2 3

I'm redoing the UI - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 04-03-2011

It has come to my attention that the Buildism UI is boring, generic, and a little intimidating. So, I'm going to remake it! Instead of using regular Windows GUI items, I'm going to make them myself.

Here's a preview:
[Image: 25kmyra.jpg]

The navigator, property editor and script console will be hidden by default, and eventually everything that uses separate windows (like the insert object dialog) will be moved into the main window.

Hopefully this will be more attractive and smoother to work with. The new interface is not being made with Lua, but it will lay the foundation for Lua-scripted user UIs in the future.

I don't want to delay the stable welds update too much, so I'll probably post an update in the next few days that includes the welds and whatever I got finished in the new UI.

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Scripter - 04-03-2011

Sweet, cannot wait. It looks neat so far.

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Qwertygiy - 04-03-2011

Stable Welds: The Epicness
Coming Soon to All Buildism Games Worth Playing, Including Those Not Near You

RE: I'm redoing the UI - DSiDewd - 04-03-2011

Will you work on the UI for actually playing instead of editing too?

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Sazaho - 04-03-2011

Can't wait Jacob Tongue

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 04-03-2011

(04-03-2011, 07:51 PM)DSiDewd Wrote: Will you work on the UI for actually playing instead of editing too?

I'll probably change the colors to match, but there's not much that needs to be done, other than fixing the help button.

Also, the windows are going to be kind of like this, but in blue.

[Image: 120ozo3.jpg]

RE: I'm redoing the UI - DSiDewd - 04-03-2011

(04-03-2011, 07:53 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 07:51 PM)DSiDewd Wrote: Will you work on the UI for actually playing instead of editing too?

I'll probably change the colors to match, but there's not much that needs to be done, other than fixing the help button.

Btw, remember you need to move the health because chat gets in the way.
Also you need to make the chat fade away after a while of the same message being there the whole time. It gets annoying having it suck on your screen.

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 04-03-2011

(04-03-2011, 08:08 PM)DSiDewd Wrote:
(04-03-2011, 07:53 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

Btw, remember you need to move the health because chat gets in the way.
Also you need to make the chat fade away after a while of the same message being there the whole time. It gets annoying having it suck on your screen.

Chats disappear after either 30 or 60 seconds, I can't remember.

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 04-04-2011

More progress:
[Image: otnlg8.jpg]

RE: I'm redoing the UI - Duck - 04-04-2011

(04-03-2011, 07:36 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: the foundation for Lua-scripted user UIs in the future.

*Air punch*