2DWorlds Forums
The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 2DWorlds Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] (/showthread.php?tid=3797)

The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Ming-Yan - 04-21-2011

The Beginning:
My online story starts with YouTube. I always watched videos about Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario 64, and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I then wanted to present some of the tricks and glitches I found on SA2B to the world. Thus I went to a Sonic forum with the user name "SoncOhYeah".

At the time I was very young and I guess my grammar or the way I presented myself was not good because the things I posted there were continuously flamed or marked as useless. However, it was what made me create a YouTube account. I wanted to present a song but I could not find a simple way to do it and I ended up making it a video and posting it on YouTube with the username "Sonic3895" [initially supposed to be Sonic385]. From there, I learned about emulators and playing Super Smash Bros. Online.

YouTube:
I played a few games on it and met one of my greatest friends on YouTube, WeirdLink. From him I made many friends on YouTube even having what I could call a "family". It was a fun time for me being able to be social via videos and in Streams. Streams were a chat room on YouTube where you could share videos while talking with your friends. However, as time went by, YouTube became less and less social eventually to the point where streams were disabled. Along with the removal of streams, my friend WeirdLink (then Smasherx74) became flamed due to his attitude towards people [which I grew to be fine with]. He eventually moved to a new account, and even a new one after that, and currently on a different account from all of those ones.

Before streams were completely gone, edu880, smx74 (what I call him even now), and me were in a stream. Edu was telling me about ROBLOX and I told him how I knew about it via Fleskhjerta's SM64 videos which I watched 2006-2007. However, every time I misspelled it "Reblox" (lol). Anyway, I joined that day July 30th 2008.

ROBLOX
From then I started playing ROBLOX and was when I truley drifted from being on YouTube as a social site. In my early days I mostly played Obbies and Stealth Pilot's Gladiator Arena Minigames. That place introduced me to minigames and since then I always wanted to make my own.
I was always trying to find new minigame places and I eventually stumbled upon Heatcliff minigames, the place where the best online experience of my life was. There I met MANY of my ROBLOX friends and we would always meet at that place telling a little bit about our lives offline while still making more memories ingame. It truly was a "Family".

One day though the place actually became popluated and although that post-poned some of our meets and made us think our group would die out because some people did not come anymore, it brought in some new friends. This was a time that we marked "the newb flood". In 2009 was when we were the closest and spent the most time together.

In the summer of 2009, I was finally able to make a minigame place which had 22 games and became popular about a week after creation. It is the mark of the large amount of games and was the first game to break the record of 16 games in one place. During this time I had many "battles" with other minigame makers eventually fighting in numbers. My place went from 22 games to 35 within this time. However, the surplus of games made lag and could crash servers so I eventually removed a lot of them and stopped making more. Unfortunately, the other game creators did not stop and now it is common for a minigame place to have 60+ games in one place.

Sometimes I regret adding more games.

After popularity at my place died down, I was at Heat Cliff again. But one day, the creator of the place, SilentSwords had bad news. He said that he would close the place. We all pleaded for him to keep it and he eventually came to a compromise. He closed the place and made renovations.
This new turn around brought the next "newb flood" which this time actually made our family die.
The place became less of a classic and people didn't know each other anymore. Although there were less of us, we didn't die out just yet.

The summer of 2009 was also when I started to be active on the ROBLOX forum. I initially just posted in the Suggestions but I eventually became very active in ROBLOX Talk. I made forum buddies there and had some fun. Unfortunately, I couldn't juggle my time in REAL LIFE right and my dad blocked ROBLOX from the router until March of 2010.

Due to my absence, the HeatCliffers (what we nicknamed ourselves) completely died and there hasn't been a reunion since. In fact, many of them quit ROBLOX...
After this I mostly went on ROBLOX to forum. Decenmber 2010, I finally bought Builders Club in order to have less active alts (due to places) and the ability to make badges.

CubeBomb
One day on the ROBLOX Talk forum, people were talking about CubeBomb and I decided to join with the name "LandofPi". It was a fictional place that derived from Smx74 when we were in the stream. He called himself incharge of the land of milk and me, the land of pi. This was because I liked Pi the number a lot and would often recite digits.
On CubeBomb, I started out criticizing and writing many speeches and rants to reform the community. This at first, made a bad impression but eventually benefited the community.

When on CubeBomb, I became less active on ROBLOX and I devoted a lot of time there. Unfortunately that all ended when CoderRyne came. He presented himself as a prodigy Java scripter. He explained how he could help with the development of the game. However, he turned out to not be what he said he was.

He created half finished minigames on his site, but he mostly broke the community. He fired all of the current staff and even resorted to flaming StuffMaker's (the creator) code. This caused A LOT of commotion on the forum and when he left, we still weren't completely back on our feet.
Shortly after CoderRyne's reign, StuffMaker announced a closing of the site and a discontinuation of the game.

The site recently came back and I shortly after became and Image Mod and the story continues now.

MingYan and MingYanism
One time I was banned on ROBLOX over something I did not do and I was foruming with LandofPi (my alt). I decided to make a new account which was based off of my Middle name.
I started out posting on it to be a troll, typing with no grammar and half 1337 to the point were it was almost unreadable.
After changed it so I spelled correctly without 1337, I created MingYanism.

It came from the actual meaning of MingYan and I used it many times on threads telling them that they "lost mingyanism" by posting -# mingyanism points. I still use it today.

On time on MingYan, I was IP banned for 7 days for posting about how a Valk was better than a Crown of Warlords. When emailing ROBLOX, they told me it was for trolling. From then I quite being as strict with mingyanism and less of the traditional "troll".
When I created the Mingyanism Games, I asked a friend paul2448 what hat goes good with the colour scheme of MingYan. He told me the Void star and after that I used the Trade Currency extensively to get enough ROBUX for a void star.

One of those days I was happy coming home from school and with the success of my Valentines day gift [this is a different story] and I accidentally did a bad trade. I lost over 2000r$ and had to start over with the TC. Luckily a week from then with 2900r$, I sniped a void star at 2500 and bought the knight sword for 400r$.

Currently, MingYan is the same person as Sonic3895 but we are different persona. Often posting on the same thread or directing threads at one another. I still use both accounts to this day.

Buildism
I found out about Buildism from Paradox on CubeBomb. He posted about being a moderator and I decided to create an account with the name MingYan. My story there is what you see here, and it still continues.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
That is mostly my story in a nutshell, I told you it was long...

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Slendurrman - 04-21-2011

Cool story bro.

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Ming-Yan - 04-21-2011

Actually MingYan is a constant 0.

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Login - 04-21-2011

Subscribed. This is totally going to be my bed-time story! (not an insult)

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Rare - 04-21-2011

YOUTUBE!!!

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Ming-Yan - 04-21-2011

Oh, this is only a small part.
I should post about my love life and gaming on another thread.

Oh yus, then compile into book sell; make big profit.

RE: The Story of Ming-Yan [Caution: LONG] - Noli - 04-21-2011

I'll buy that book.