2DWorlds Forums
I feel successful! - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: I feel successful! (/showthread.php?tid=3826)

I feel successful! - Login - 04-22-2011

First off, I'm 14, and got a *job* as an actual writer in the newspaper. Since the company is small, and I just talked to an editor who introduced me & hired me, I hastily agreed; I've always wanted to work! He says he'll pay $10 for an article, and 30% off of any ad money is mine. For example, $400 with 30% = $120. This is only counting off one ad space, at below a normal rate. Normally there's 3 ad spaces, so, I'd make about $700 + per article! I'm glad Kevin introduced me to him! ^_^

RE: I feel successful! - Ming-Yan - 04-22-2011

Nice job! I have no idea what kind of work I'd do...

RE: I feel successful! - Login - 04-22-2011

Hm...I guess you'll find out! I have to submit my articles by tomorrow... I'll nail 'em. Soon as I get some sleep.

RE: I feel successful! - AK-47 - 04-22-2011

Good luck, Login!

I'm waiting for the response. :o

RE: I feel successful! - Fish - 04-22-2011

Good for you.

RE: I feel successful! - Ashely - 04-22-2011

Pretty sweet Login!

I would love to read your articles <3

RE: I feel successful! - sergentkyle - 04-22-2011

I have a cousin named Kevin in the coast guard.

Okay, if you want, I can show you my sample article, for the "show-off" In fact, I made it even more "show-off-like" by simply telling him (which is the truth) that I wrote it without even editing - just wrote it, no going back, (I usually don't do that until I finish everything, then I go back and edit, so that way I won't be stalled on one part, but I didn't even look back to edit it. I re-read it after submitting to him, and it had one sentence error - grammatically. That's it. The only thing I could suggest towards myself was putting it in order - but that's quite hard when you're talking about general topic, and trying to sample it! He didn't want a full article - just a sample.

Here's my sample (unedited):

Roanoke is a reallly big historical place. Especially when you want to share those memories with others, you have no limit to tell those memories. History never stops, likewise, Roanokes' history never stops. With history comes secrets. Secrets such as Roanoke being called "Big Lick" before ever being named Roanoke, Big Lick was the official name, until someone came up with Roanoke. With secrets comes the past. Roanoke had some really nice stuff, such as amusement parks, multiple musicians coming over to the Civic Center, cable cars, Roanoke Star. The Roanoke Star is a classic example of how bad the technology itself used to be, but served as a really great guide for others. The Roanoke Star has a long history, dating back into the '60s. The colors on it changed often; they changed it for Christmas to red and green and they changed it to yellow for warnings.