2DWorlds Forums
Hmm... mods - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Community (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Hmm... mods (/showthread.php?tid=6497)

Pages: 1 2

Hmm... mods - Blandflakes - 07-05-2011

I think there are too many mods. About half the active community consists of moderators. And another one is being hired? That would make 12 moderators. That's a lot for a site with an active community of about 20 users (correct me if I'm wrong). I know some of the mods where hired to help with spam removal.

It's just crazy how many mods there are...

RE: Hmm... mods - Qwertygiy - 07-05-2011

We have close to 50 active and semi-active users.

Basically, we want someone online to moderate at least 90% of the time.

Size of the community doesn't matter so much as time the moderators can be online. ROBLOX only has about 15-20 moderators who deal with forums and reports, last I remember.

RE: Hmm... mods - Blandflakes - 07-05-2011

(07-05-2011, 02:59 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: We have close to 50 active and semi-active users.

Basically, we want someone online to moderate at least 90% of the time.

Size of the community doesn't matter so much as time the moderators can be online. ROBLOX only has about 15-20 moderators who deal with forums and reports, last I remember.

Wow.... too many mods now....

Half the active community are moderators now? Isn't this amazing!

Better to have 2 people to moderate every report than 1 person moderating 200.

RE: Hmm... mods - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 07-05-2011

This is nothing, on another forum I used to go (much smaller than this one) to every active member was a moderator.

[Image: 5ZfSH.png]

(07-05-2011, 03:04 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: This is nothing, on another forum I used to go (much smaller than this one) to every active member was a moderator.

Well Jacob_ that's a horrible way to run a site. Might as well make everyone a mod then. You don't need that many mods.

I suppose you've already forgotten the days when you, Kieron, Spongebob, and the raiders drove all the moderators nuts with trolling and spamming.

(07-05-2011, 03:07 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I suppose you've already forgotten the days when you, Kieron, Spongebob, and the raiders drove all the moderators nuts with trolling and spamming.

If you can't handle 3 users trolling you then aren't ready to be a mod.

RE: Hmm... mods - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 07-05-2011

(07-05-2011, 03:05 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 03:04 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: This is nothing, on another forum I used to go (much smaller than this one) to every active member was a moderator.

Well Jacob_ that's a horrible way to run a site. Might as well make everyone a mod then. You don't need that many mods.

The goal is to have at least one mod on all the time, otherwise, people would wait until no mods were online and break the rules. And that forum was up for almost 4 years (it's still up, just dead) and we never had any problems... it must not be a horrible way of running a site then.

And there are 12 mods out of 48 active users (according to the admin CP, and that doesn't include the people that only login once or twice a week), so your estimate of 20 active users is very wrong.

(07-05-2011, 03:10 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 03:05 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote:

The goal is to have at least one mod on all the time, otherwise, people would wait until no mods were online and break the rules. And that forum was up for almost 4 years (it's still up, just dead) and we never had any problems... it must not be a horrible way of running a site then.

And there are 12 mods out of 48 active users (according to the admin CP, and that doesn't include the people that only login once or twice a week), so your estimate of 20 active users is very wrong.

25% of this active community consists of moderators. That's still a lot of moderators knowing that a some of them are never online. Also if it takes 12 mods to handle 48 users than you have horrible moderators I understand when roblox users come and spam but that only happens every few months and you can just IP ban everyone who joins from roblox and starts spamming. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your site I'm just giving you my opinion.