2DWorlds Forums
You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong (/showthread.php?tid=7912)

You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Ming-Yan - 08-10-2011

Challenging the higher up is how change is made. Tell me one forum where NO ONE had any criticism towards the creator or community assistants. Even something like a suggestion to add to the game is a form of criticism, indirectly directed towards the creator(s) or said game.

Even in a real life instance, people with more power are challenged, look at the government, look at capitalism and a work space in general.
I mean EVEN KIDS challenge their Parents to get more rights or challenge the school board for things.

Criticism isn't bad and shouldn't be locked, only flaming. Only a legitimate excessive amount of flame can be locked, because locking right when tension gets high just feeds the fire. I DID NOT say don't lock rule breaking things, I said don't lock something until there is a solid flame, I know you are trying to prevent stuff from happening but when you get involved via a lock, or a ban ,or a deletion, or warning, it makes it worse.
[/rant end]

TL;DR
Superiours are always challenged and criticized to make change, stopping it with fears of what will happen only makes it worse.

RE: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Glome - 08-10-2011

Instead of locking the thread for flame moderators should either delete all the flame replies or try to get the thread back on topic.

RE: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Ming-Yan - 08-10-2011

Yeah, I would suggest that as well, to just remove the flames.
Even ROBLOX does that. Tongue

RE: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 08-10-2011

Criticism is allowed, but flaming is not, and it's a thin line. Even if the original post is fine, if someone has a strong opinion on the subject they can lose their temper and start a flame war.

On the Minecraft forums, threads that turn into flames are locked, and the creator reposts the thread with a warning not to flame.

RE: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Ming-Yan - 08-10-2011

However, will removal of just the flaming work?
The OP can easily write it's not a flame and even still many people do that here [writing that is it not a flame].

RE: You All Act Like Challenging Superiours is Wrong - Duck - 08-10-2011

(08-10-2011, 05:38 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Criticism is allowed, but flaming is not, and it's a thin line. Even if the original post is fine, if someone has a strong opinion on the subject they can lose their temper and start a flame war.

On the Minecraft forums, threads that turn into flames are locked, and the creator reposts the thread with a warning not to flame.

Doesn't it make more sense to just edit the OP and say "Mod editTongueeople deemed to be flaming in this thread will be warned or banned"