2DWorlds Forums
I suggest a rule change.... thing - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Community (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: I suggest a rule change.... thing (/showthread.php?tid=7931)

Pages: 1 2

I suggest a rule change.... thing - Glome - 08-10-2011

They shouldn't be posted on the forums. I mean how is a user that never goes on the forums supposed to know what the rules are? :o

RE: I suggest a rule change.... thing - Ashely - 08-10-2011

They can check here;

http://buildism.net/terms.php

RE: I suggest a rule change.... thing - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 08-10-2011

The rules are linked to from the terms of service, which are linked to from every page on the site.

RE: I suggest a rule change.... thing - Glome - 08-10-2011

(08-10-2011, 10:12 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: The rules are linked to from the terms of service, which are linked to from every page on the site.

Ah yes but how many people actually read the terms of service? Not that many.

Also instead of the title saying "Read Before Posting" it should be "Rules of the Buildism".

Read Before Posting could mean a friendly reminder or a simple notice.

The Rules are mainly for the forum community, that's why its "Read before posting"

RE: I suggest a rule change.... thing - simonheros - 08-10-2011

I never read it.
I admit :/

But you can remember it from the way the mod's spam it...

(08-10-2011, 10:16 PM)Ashely Wrote: The Rules are mainly for the forum community, that's why its "Read before posting"

So people who don't use the forums don't need to follow them?
It's like the warning level almost impossible to notice unless you go on the forums.

RE: I suggest a rule change.... thing - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 08-10-2011

(08-10-2011, 10:18 PM)Glome Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 10:16 PM)Ashely Wrote: The Rules are mainly for the forum community, that's why its "Read before posting"

It's like the warning level almost impossible to notice unless you go on the forums.

It used to be called "Community Rules," I just changed it so people would actually read it before using the forums (which is where 97% of the rule breaking happens, the comments are pretty good except for the occasional spam or bad word.)

Also, the first sentence of the thread is "These rules apply to all of Buildism..."

If they decided to join the foruming community of course they would have to follow. If they joined Buildism to create games (The purpose of Buildism) they wouldn't have to worry about being warned or banned.

We have Game Rules, forum rules, and Terms of service.

(08-10-2011, 10:21 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(08-10-2011, 10:18 PM)Glome Wrote:

It used to be called "Community Rules," I just changed it so people would actually read it before using the forums (which is where 97% of the rule breaking happens, the comments are pretty good except for the occasional spam or bad word.)

Also, the first sentence of the thread is "These rules apply to all of Buildism..."

I know that, I've read the rules over 100 times. I know them all by memory.
(08-10-2011, 10:23 PM)Ashely Wrote: If they decided to join the foruming community of course they would have to follow. If they joined Buildism to create games (The purpose of Buildism) they wouldn't have to worry about being warned or banned.

We have Game Rules, forum rules, and Terms of service.

Where are the game rules at?
Also so you're saying that if I don't forum anymore I don't need to follow the rules?