2DWorlds Forums
Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Video Games (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Minecraft 1.0 came out. (/showthread.php?tid=8600)

Pages: 1 2

Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Fat_Sacks - 11-18-2011

It's finally here.
Post some bugs, new things you found, or screenshots you have taken.
I found a bug where if you try to get two wolves to mate, nothing happens.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Qwertygiy - 11-19-2011

Wolves aren't supposed to breed.

(w00t I actually read the wiki docs about the prereleases Tongue)

I have noticed a bug though: When you sleep, your experience level (mine is 11 in my singleplayer world ATM) stays bright green and doesn't dim.

The new moon (literally "new moon" not as in the moon is new) still gives off light.

Also, it's just plain annoying that all the animals wandered off while it was still in 1.8.1 and haven't moved back in so I can breed them Tongue

:offtopic: I had the game on a chest as I was typing this and a spider somehow got past my S-path to open my iron door with the pressure plate O_e It can't get in but that startled me.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Hippo - 11-19-2011

I made a new world for it, but the only new feature's I've used so far are the sounds.

Suprisingly, the seed "Minecraft1.0" allows you to use several of the new features immediately, as you spawn in a large NPC village with several wheat areas and a flock of sheep, right next to a swamp. Tongue

Also, the tooltips are now prettier and blue :O and Endermen no longer burn in daylight. Armor is also much stronger and if you have a full set it doesn't wear out as easily, but having only a few pieces isn't as strong.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Paradox - 11-19-2011

Arrows seem to loose momentum more quickly.

(11-19-2011, 05:26 PM)Paradox Wrote: Arrows seem to loose momentum more quickly.

And either they increased the health of creepers, or arrows don't deal as much damage anymore, since it takes 3 fully-charged arrows to kill one now instead of 2.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Duck - 11-19-2011

I found a bug which is pretty cool. You turn particles to minimal or whatever the low setting is and then rain doesn't make any nosise

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Hippo - 11-20-2011

(11-19-2011, 05:27 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(11-19-2011, 05:26 PM)Paradox Wrote: Arrows seem to loose momentum more quickly.

And either they increased the health of creepers, or arrows don't deal as much damage anymore, since it takes 3 fully-charged arrows to kill one now instead of 2.

They increased the health of all mobs, I believe.
And there's a bug that I found in 1.8, where you destroy your bed whilst sleeping in it, then torches, paintings, doors and corners suffocate you.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Qwertygiy - 11-20-2011

(11-20-2011, 12:39 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote: And there's a bug that I found in 1.8, where you destroy your bed whilst sleeping in it, then torches, paintings, doors and corners suffocate you.

Yeah, I found that one too.

RE: Minecraft 1.0 came out. - Hippo - 11-20-2011

Just been to a nether dungeon, got some warts and blaze rods, and done some brewing Big Grin