2DWorlds Forums
Why isn't this game more popular?! - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: 2DWorlds (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 2DWorlds Discussion (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Why isn't this game more popular?! (/showthread.php?tid=9055)

Pages: 1 2

Why isn't this game more popular?! - Chaos - 03-29-2012

It's one of the only ROBLOX inspired website that has a game, and a somewhat organized staff!

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Jacob__mybb_import1 - 03-29-2012

Those other websites got so popular because they get a lot of discussion on the ROBLOX forums. Buildism is blocked over there now, so it's more difficult to talk about it.

I do encourage everyone to help spread the word, though - referrals from other people bring in a lot more active users than advertising or other methods of promotion.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Chaos - 03-29-2012

I hold 'buildism.net' as my status on xfire.

I do think this game needs more popularity though.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Qwertygiy - 03-29-2012

(03-29-2012, 12:54 AM)Chaos Wrote: It's one of the only ROBLOX inspired website that has a game, and a somewhat organized staff!

(03-29-2012, 12:54 AM)Chaos Wrote: ROBLOX inspired

I don't know if you ever read where he said it, but Jacob actually hadn't played Roblox for a few years when he made Buildism...

But I get your point.

The problem is, we don't have much of anything except a cool skin system, an epic 2D editor, and a good organized community that likes to forum. The roblox-inspired part was more game-wise than site-wise, unlike most of the other sites.

At least, we didn't until today.

Congrats on the start of the currency/inventory/stuff, Jacob_! It's not going to cause a flood of new users, but some people actually did care about that tGL stuff (intellect of said people was questionable) and if it's going the way I think it's going it will provide some more motivation to DO STUFF.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - McNoobster - 03-29-2012

The thing with this site is we still lack a currency or anything that is attracting new users. I can't stress this enough there is still nothing real flashy on home page or anything that would grab a new users attention.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Fat_Sacks - 03-29-2012

(03-29-2012, 12:54 AM)Chaos Wrote: ...and a somewhat organized staff!

Yeah, thanks bro.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Ashely - 03-29-2012

Bet if he was on it it would be Organized to him....

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Chaos - 03-29-2012

Adding me would only make it worse considering buildism doesn't need more staff as it is. For how many active users there are, there are a lot of moderators. And most of them are a bit inactive.

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Qwertygiy - 03-29-2012

(03-29-2012, 09:05 PM)Chaos Wrote: Adding me would only make it worse considering buildism doesn't need more staff as it is. For how many active users there are, there are a lot of moderators. And most of them are a bit inactive.

True, and you aren't that active yourself, so it would worsen that problem Tongue

RE: Why isn't this game more popular?! - Glome - 03-29-2012

(03-29-2012, 09:38 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 09:05 PM)Chaos Wrote: Adding me would only make it worse considering buildism doesn't need more staff as it is. For how many active users there are, there are a lot of moderators. And most of them are a bit inactive.

True, and you aren't that active yourself, so it would worsen that problem Tongue

I'm really active. Big Grin