2DWorlds Forums
Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Printable Version

+- 2DWorlds Forums (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Video Games (http://2dworlds.buildism.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? (/showthread.php?tid=9314)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Qwertygiy - 05-11-2012

I haven't released it anywhere else yet, so you guys are going to be the first testers of it. I've checked everything ingame so it should work.

I haven't really come up with a good name for it right now; so I'm calling it Aluminated. As the name suggests, it adds aluminum-related things.

[Image: 692xd4.png]

It requires ModLoader, Forge, and Minecraft 1.2.5.

Info:

Bauxite, which looks sort of like an ore with an orangey tint, spawns in the top few layers of the world -- around 55 to 75. It must be mined with an iron pickaxe or better. It will drop 5 to 10 Bauxite Chunks. There are three things you can do with Bauxite Chunks: throw them (right-click) to hurt mobs, craft 9 of them into Bauxite Cobblestone, or smelt them into Aluminum Blobs.

Aluminum blobs have one purpose: to be crafted into Piles of Aluminum along with 5 other aluminum blobs. These Piles of Aluminum can then be smelted into Aluminum Ingots.

Unlike other ingots, Aluminum cannot make ordinary tools as it isn't hard enough. It can, however, make a knife (stick, ingot, ingot) that can be used as a weapon or to cut cake or bread in the crafting table. It can also create a handheld cannon... more on that later.

9 aluminum ingots in the crafting table will make an Aluminum Block. The recipe is reversible. 4 aluminum ingots in a square will make an Aluminum Sheet. These can be placed the same way as glass panes or iron bars. Aluminum Sheets can then be placed into a crafting table to get Aluminum Foil.

Aluminum Foil can be wrapped around two of almost any food item -- porkchops, apples, sliced cake -- for easy storage. If the food is raw meat, it also allows you to cook them in the foil, saving fuel. For compact storage of aluminum foil, you can wrap 8 around a stick to get a Roll of Aluminum Foil. Unwrapping wrapped food or crafting aluminum foil will give you a Wad of Aluminum Foil, which can either be thrown, smelted back into an Aluminum Blob, or...

...used as fodder for the Handheld Cannon! The crafting recipe for the cannon is:
Aluminum Ingot - Aluminum Ingot - Aluminum Ingot
Blank - Bow - Redstone
Aluminum Ingot - Aluminum Ingot - Aluminum Ingot

Right-clicking the cannon with a snowball or wad of foil in your inventory will load the cannon. Right-clicking again will launch the snowball or wad of foil.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?slv4kl82k15fwhn

Put the .zip in your /mods folder. It's fully configurable and uses 2 block IDs.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Franco30557 - 05-11-2012

I'd love too, but I only got Minecraft on iPhone... =D
But it looks good though.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Dignity - 05-11-2012

I'll probably destroy my MC again if I try.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Kieron - 05-11-2012

"can't make normal tools, it isn't hard enough"
Makes a house.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Qwertygiy - 05-11-2012

And yet you can crush an aluminum can like *that*.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Glome - 05-11-2012

Needs more igloos.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Qwertygiy - 05-11-2012

(05-11-2012, 11:34 PM)Glome Wrote: Needs more igloos.

Minecraft already has snow blocks.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Glome - 05-11-2012

(05-11-2012, 11:36 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

Needs more igloos.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Dignity - 05-11-2012

(05-11-2012, 11:42 PM)Glome Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 11:36 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

Needs more igloos.

Agreeded.

RE: Anyone want to try out my new Minecraft mod? - Fat_Sacks - 05-12-2012

You should make a lightning rod. So when you have it set up during a storm, it always gets hit by lightning and makes a red stone signal.