Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I got my first contact lenses yesterday.
Apparently, I've got only 20/40 vision. Anything within 5 feet I can see normally, 5 to 20 feet I can see okay but not well enough to read normal text, and beyond that is slightly fuzzy at the edges. And so when I got the contacts for the first time (haven't gotten glasses yet, because they take a while to make) WOW. I can see the detail on cars fifty feet away as if they were Hot Wheels in my hands! I can actually read street-name signs when we're not almost driving past them already! I can read fast-food menus without squinting! The irony of being an OCD detail-freak who hasn't ever seen details clearly is driving me crazy.

I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.

The downside is, now that I know how reality looks, Gran Turismo 4 just got quite a bit less cooler. Tongue
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
My vision is horrible. Without my glasses, I wouldn't be able to watch TV, use the computer, read books, or even see what I'm eating without squinting really hard at a close distance. I sometimes still have trouble seeing things.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
tfw you're the only one in your family with perfect vision
(01-17-2013, 02:17 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Apparently, I've got only 20/40 vision. Anything within 5 feet I can see normally, 5 to 20 feet I can see okay but not well enough to read normal text, and beyond that is slightly fuzzy at the edges. And so when I got the contacts for the first time (haven't gotten glasses yet, because they take a while to make) WOW. I can see the detail on cars fifty feet away as if they were Hot Wheels in my hands! I can actually read street-name signs when we're not almost driving past them already! I can read fast-food menus without squinting! The irony of being an OCD detail-freak who hasn't ever seen details clearly is driving me crazy.

I can't believe I didn't know about this sooner.

The downside is, now that I know how reality looks, Gran Turismo 4 just got quite a bit less cooler. Tongue

Welcome to the new world my friend.
Tongue
And glasses shouldn't take longer than a week or 2.
(01-17-2013, 10:27 PM)Myem Wrote: My vision is horrible. Without my glasses, I wouldn't be able to watch TV, use the computer, read books, or even see what I'm eating without squinting really hard at a close distance. I sometimes still have trouble seeing things.

Lol, me too. XD
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.