What Scripting language is it to make a website?
Such as a website like Glome.tk :o How?
HTML for the webpages
CSS for styling (like coloring text and positioning stuff and backgrounds, but you can use HTML to do this too)
JavaScript for interactivity
PHP or ASP.NET for processing web forms and updating databases (see below)
MySQL / SQL for databases

Buidism uses Java for the game
Oh and programs that could be written in any code control the servers sending information but you can use web hosting sites (like godaddy) to do that for you
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
I think you can use HTML or be inefficient and use PHP for everything
Oh and HTML and CSS are markup languages not scripting languages, but PHP and ASP.NET are scripting languages

not sure what MySQL is
(06-18-2011, 08:44 AM)Duck Wrote: I think you can use HTML or be inefficient and use PHP for everything

all you could do with PHP is tell it to insert HTML so that's basically just HTML...
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(06-18-2011, 08:44 AM)toast Wrote: Oh and HTML and CSS are markup languages not scripting languages, but PHP and ASP.NET are scripting languages

not sure what MySQL is
(06-18-2011, 08:44 AM)Duck Wrote: I think you can use HTML or be inefficient and use PHP for everything

all you could do with PHP is tell it to insert HTML so that's basically just HTML...

You can do a lot more than just that....
HTML is the format of the actual webpage.
CSS is the styling of the webpage.
Javascript is for client-side processing.
PHP (or ASP.NET, although PHP is way better) is used for server-side processing.
MySQL is a database system.

HTML and CSS and Javascript are all client-side, while PHP and MySQL are server-side.