I got the results back from one of those stupid tests the states give
(02-01-2012, 06:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Georgia has the second worst education system in the country, so the standardized tests here are a complete joke. The 8th graders have to take a test to be promoted to the next grade, and the 11th graders have to take another test to graduate (and they have a whole year to retake it as often as they want if they don't pass.) I remember seeing a lot of the same questions on both of the tests, and this was one of them:

Code:
What is the height of this triangle?
|\
| \
|  \
8|   \ 10
|     \
|____\
a. 2
b. 10
c. 8
d. 20

Here's a practice test if anyone wants to try it... I'm sure just about everyone on Buildism could already graduate from high school in Georgia, since a 50% is passing.

Are you from Georgia?
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
(02-03-2012, 03:41 AM)simonheros Wrote:
(02-01-2012, 06:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Georgia has the second worst education system in the country, so the standardized tests here are a complete joke. The 8th graders have to take a test to be promoted to the next grade, and the 11th graders have to take another test to graduate (and they have a whole year to retake it as often as they want if they don't pass.) I remember seeing a lot of the same questions on both of the tests, and this was one of them:

Code:
What is the height of this triangle?
|\
| \
|  \
8|   \ 10
|     \
|____\
a. 2
b. 10
c. 8
d. 20

Here's a practice test if anyone wants to try it... I'm sure just about everyone on Buildism could already graduate from high school in Georgia, since a 50% is passing.

Are you from Georgia?

I was born in Washington, but I've been here 7 years.
Try the British leveling systems, complete BS.
In Georgia, It's ridiculous.

I want to move to another state. I can't stand the weather and just the 'system'

If you know what I mean.
[Image: finn_flag.gif]