Sonic Battle Has One of the Best Stories
I think it's probably second to the Adventure series. Many people over look it because it's Sonic and Sonic isn't a fighting game, but I personally think the fighting mechanics are GREAT. There are a bunch of combos you can do, you can switch battle styles, each character has different move sets, specials, and even healing abilities.

On of the best parts I like is that you collect cards of different character moves and you can equip these to Emerl who is essentially your custom character of what ever combos you want. Another cool thing is that the levels are 3D and this a GAMEBOY ADVANCE game. A lot of critics said the 2D sprites on 3D looked bad, but I think it looks amazing.

Now on to the story, the story is actually very good if you play throw all of the stories in linear order [though first playing you are forced to anyway]. The story is pretty much Sonic finds an ancient Robot who is the ultimate weapon, he and his friends go through adventures with it and as the story progresses the Robot learns more things and becomes his own stand alone person. However, he is still a weapon so Eggman wants him to take over the world [of course].

The game also has replay value considering you get different cards every time you play and there are also different rare cards. However, there are no alternate plots.

I really want a sequel to this game, probably something that is all 3D and utilizes the X and Y buttons on the DS/3DS. Maybe grabs and counters or separate kick and punch combos. The story also has room for a sequel, it was never explained what happens to Emerl [you only see a flash] and the journal from Gerald Robotnick opens the possibility of Emerl not being gone forever. Sonic Advance 3 also has a Robot that looks similar to Emerl.

If it had a higher rating it probably could have gotten a sequel. Sad
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
I hate every 3D sprite I have ever seen.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
The sprites look like Sonic advanced, the levels are 3D.

[Image: sonicbattle1a.png]

All I can say is, it's better than pokemon
[Image: a_med_3.jpg]
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
You can juggle people in the game too. xD
I have a video I took with my phone.

Probably the best newer Sonic game.