If you want activity Jacob_;
(07-09-2012, 04:09 PM)Kieron Wrote: Flame Wars are the only reason for our activity.

I'd much rather have people being active because they like buildism not because they're arguing. :\
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(07-09-2012, 04:16 PM)Glome Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 04:09 PM)Kieron Wrote: Flame Wars are the only reason for our activity.

I'd much rather have people being active because they like buildism not because they're arguing. :\

I can see you as a mod, Glome.
Box2D only supports convex polygons, and most of the shapes you would want to make are concave. Also, Buildism is supposed to be blocky, letting everyone add misshappen blobs to their game wouldn't help anything. You can do a lot with transparent boxes, textures, and welding.

I don't really want to add more features to the editor because most of the more advanced features don't even get used. A game like this requires a lot of user-created content to be successful, and we hardly have anything good. (I'm not blaming anyone, it's mostly because the huge spike in users came several months before the game was ready for people to play it.) Also, updating Buildism is really difficult because it's so complicated, so even the simplest change can take a long time.

And maybe you don't care about the zombie game, but other people do. I've described it to a few people in real life, and they're almost always interested, while Buildism usually got a reaction like "why would anyone want to do that." I even hosted a minecraft server mod, coded in 6 hours, with the same basic gameplay, and it was really popular.

The other game might end up helping you guys, because I'm going to try to sell it on Steam, and if I do, a link to Buildism will probably bring in a lot of people.
I'm actually looking forward to Jacob_'s zombie game. It looks quite fun.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(07-09-2012, 05:58 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Box2D only supports convex polygons, and most of the shapes you would want to make are concave. Also, Buildism is supposed to be blocky, letting everyone add misshappen blobs to their game wouldn't help anything. You can do a lot with transparent boxes, textures, and welding.
How about Triangles? And if buildism is suppose to be blocky, why do we have spheres? Reason: Because it's easier to use the sphere then make a sphere by welding blocks together.
(07-09-2012, 05:58 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I'm going to try to sell it on Steam

you have a buyer right here
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]