Graphics dont make a game >:U
Im tired of ppl believing that if a game doesnt have good graphics it suck

Examples:

Minecraft : someone would say it has the graphics from a 1998 game, but is one of the most played games i know

Silent hill 1 : I know about ppl that claim to be "Silent hill fans", but they refuse to play the first one because of its graphics (they are missing one of the scariest of the series)

Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind : As same as silent hill ppl claim to be "Elder scrolls fans" when they only had only played Oblivion(Elder scrolls 4), judging Morrowind because of its graphics, if they gave it a chance they would find that passing the Graphics its more epic and has better storyline than Oblivion. And better dont mention the 2 first ones (Arena and Daggerfell)

And last one my favourite game FALLOUT: Same, "Fallout fans" who started playing Fallout 3 (best RPG from 2008) and then "New Vegas", but few are the ones who want to dig inside the saga and give a try to the classic ones, some like them, some dont. Those who dont, played (some didnt) but they didnt liked the fact that is a 2D game (also complained about the turn-based gameplay but we are talking about graphics)
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
Here's a counter-example too (good graphics, bad game):

Nascar '08 for the PS2.

The graphics are awsome, it has fully rotational camera view, the cars damage as realistically as could be expected -- but the game itself STINKS. There are very few game modes, and even the ones that are kept aren't as good as the '06 game (which has alright but nowhere near as good graphics). Not to mention the physics look like Mario Kart! Once, I bumped into the back of another car coming into a corner. It flipped over as well as the car next to it. And 8 cars coming into the corner behind me suddenly skidded onto their right side and smashed into the wall. (And then there was the time that a car in the top 5 flipped up so high I couldn't see it back in 25th-ish until it came down right in front of me.)

Another counter-example.

Roblox.
ROBLOX graphics aren't actually that awsome.

And the game isn't all that bad. Most people complain about the community/moderators/site.
Another example the Call of duty/Medal of Honor : they both started with a fresh proposal of a World war 2 first person shooter . They both changed to new age wars with new age graphics, and became a mindless shooter. I still believe the newest Medal of honor doesnt beat "Allied assault"
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(05-30-2011, 02:52 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Here's a counter-example too (good graphics, bad game):

Nascar '08 for the PS2.

The graphics are awsome, it has fully rotational camera view, the cars damage as realistically as could be expected -- but the game itself STINKS. There are very few game modes, and even the ones that are kept aren't as good as the '06 game (which has alright but nowhere near as good graphics). Not to mention the physics look like Mario Kart! Once, I bumped into the back of another car coming into a corner. It flipped over as well as the car next to it. And 8 cars coming into the corner behind me suddenly skidded onto their right side and smashed into the wall. (And then there was the time that a car in the top 5 flipped up so high I couldn't see it back in 25th-ish until it came down right in front of me.)

I played that game once, then went back to NASCAR Thunder 2003. It's much more fun, even though the graphics are outdated.

The first 3D games I played were from the 1990s so I don't care too much about graphics.
I stick with NASCAR Total Team Control '06. Swapping between teammates is awsome, so are the Challenges.
I agree!!!!
Totally agree.

Seriously, I play nethack

talk about primitive graphics
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(05-30-2011, 02:52 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Here's a counter-example too (good graphics, bad game):

Nascar '08 for the PS2.

.. Mario Kart is meant to be unrealistic. But what I'm saying is that Nascar 08 shouldn't play like Mario Kart.
" All creepers want are a hug.. Hug a creeper. SAVE THE CREEPERS!"