Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Presidential term limits should be eliminated.
I'm not sure about other countries, but in the US the maximum amount of terms you could serve as president is 2. Our motto isn't "We the people" for nothing. Our rights shouldn't be regulated. Look at FDR, people liked him and approved of him, and look how many terms he had (3). I know some say "oh give others a chance", this isn't about sharing, this is about what is best for a country.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
Well, let me stop you for a second.

FDR was the only president to serve more than 2 terms. He was elected 4 times but died shortly after his 4th election. He was only kept in office because it was the middle of WWII. Less people with military secrets = less chances for traitors.

But in non-war-time, then you can start having problems with potential dictatorship. A limit on 2 terms keeps one person from being in charge too long and getting out of touch with the modern political situations.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
I forgot to mention that, but FDR served less than 3 and a half term(s). There aren't any worries for "potential dictatorship" that is the biggest nonsense yet.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(03-03-2013, 07:54 PM)Oak Wrote: There aren't any worries for "potential dictatorship" that is the biggest nonsense yet.

Alright, tell me. Why do you claim are there no worries for potential dictatorship when one person remains in charge of the country for over a decade?
(03-03-2013, 07:58 PM)Ghosty Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 07:54 PM)Oak Wrote: There aren't any worries for "potential dictatorship" that is the biggest nonsense yet.

Alright, tell me. Why do you claim are there no worries for potential dictatorship when one person remains in charge of the country for over a decade?

Because thee people have made that choice to have that person re-elected. I don't know why people suddenly jump to conclusions such as "omg wat if dey all become homos and communists l0lz!1!?1/1//1/1".

Well I WAS the walrus.
Control of the media. It's what won Obama his first election. Everyone knew Obama's name more than... um. Who did he run against? Seriously, I can't remember.

Anyway, they voted for him in part because he'd run more ads and thee people knew him better.

Now, keeping in mind that everyone in the country who isn't living under a rock or in some weird seperated community knows who the current president is, and that the sitting president by definition has more ability to make laws, run ads, and etc. than a presidential candidate...

Hm.
(03-03-2013, 10:21 PM)Ghosty Wrote: Control of the media. It's what won Obama his first election. Everyone knew Obama's name more than... um. Who did he run against? Seriously, I can't remember.

Anyway, they voted for him in part because he'd run more ads and thee people knew him better.

Now, keeping in mind that everyone in the country who isn't living under a rock or in some weird seperated community knows who the current president is, and that the sitting president by definition has more ability to make laws, run ads, and etc. than a presidential candidate...

Hm.

Obama won because America thought HIS policies would be best for our current stability. Are you kidding me? Of COURSE people KNEW who Romney was, you'd have to be an idiot not to or living in a 3rd world country. Romney spent LOADS of money in campaigning and nothing compared to Obama who spent a few million. I'd rather have Romney's calm, honest, and gentle wife as the first lady rather than that ugly monkey Michelle Obama.

Well I WAS the walrus.
I'm not talking about 2012. I'm talking about 2008.
(03-03-2013, 10:47 PM)Oak Wrote: that ugly monkey Michelle Obama.

wow...
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(03-03-2013, 11:10 PM)Ghosty Wrote: I'm not talking about 2012. I'm talking about 2008.

I thought you were talking about 2012.
Everyone forgot about McCain. He's gotten a bit more liberal, I like him but he went overboard to appeal to his nutty republican brothers and sisters in 08.

Well I WAS the walrus.