Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you think that we'd be more popular if Jacob_ worked with another dev?
I personally think so. Jacob_ has to realize that he's only 1 person; not 20.
Implementations, new features, bugs, glitches, and updates would be taken care of if Jacob_ had another person to work with.
Look at Blockland and Sploder, BL started out in 2005- and from this day on they only have 2 developers! Sploder had 3 when they first started out, we have none.
We have to be realistic here and not be illogical.
We all know that not much can be accomplished with just 1 person.
Jacob_ already has enough on his plate and he has to think about 2DWorlds' future, and his future. This could very well be semi-popular with 10k-100k players on it, but we have to be a bit more organized (not scattered) and think clearly. Jacob_ indeed has to make the right choice. It saddens me how much potential we have - while sites like Meep City or TheGamerLand for instance get 10k+ users, when they put no effort into anything, mostly everything is copied and unoriginal, the code is horrid, and all of these "sister sites of ROBLOX" just want money from you- they don't care about you.

People have to come to realize that WE are special.
Jacob_ works very hard, and has been doing so for 4 years now.
All my sympathies to to Jacob_, let's hope we can recover again.
I don't think we need a dev. Jacob_ can take care of the site layout, background and all the elements related to that. But when the site starts growing, we sure need moderators. There would be too much spam and much more rule-breaking content so the moderators could do the work for Jacob_ a bit more useful. But since we still are just a few people on the site and barely 5 active, so I really do not think we need any moderators ATM. And now back to the topic: (Do you think we'd be more popular if Jacob_ worked with another dev?). No I do not think we would be more popular, It wouldn't affect the popularity at all.

~VenomSinister
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
Gosh, you guys have to think a little harder.
Many new users who join love the site, but there are literally NO good games to play, if there is a bug or glitch then nothing is done because Jacob_ doesn't have the time to fix them, and there are really no "instructional" guides on how to do basic things on here, which draws people away.
I think for Christmas, we need a Christmas background to at least make it look colorful and more vibrant.
I thought that Jacob_ was going to be advertising with 500$ too, it turns out he probably won't do it.
;/
We need some basic good games so users can be influenced to make their own based on those particular games.
I don't see a future for us, as nothing is being done, I highly doubt that Jacob_ even cares.
I think that certain people like noob007, and qwerty would be good devs.
Devs =/= game makers.

If you just want good games to play, then the community is what needs to make them.

Jacob does fine on the dev end of things. Too many devs tend to cause mayhem and disaster, like tGL, and according to what you yourself just said, Blockland, which is well-known, rather popular, and pay-to-play, only has 2 developers, no more.

Now, maybe once we get a large enough userbase, Jacob could do something like MisterFiber and Scott Killen did with the Minecraft mod ExtraBiomes XL, and put the working code up someplace like GitHub, and anyone who wants to make a change can submit one. I know he tried making it open source a while back, but we only had about 4 or 5 members who knew Java, and so it just didn't really work.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Lol, I tough he meant Site Developers not game. :/

[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
I know I haven't fixed any of the bugs that have been reported lately, but that's because final exams start tomorrow and I've been studying a lot since I have 4 of them in 3 days. I'm also working on my other game (and getting addicted to music composiiton, it seems.)

As for the advertising, I told Google about the $500 security vulnerability 4 months ago and they still haven't fixed it. I wasn't expecting that, since the average response time is 1 month and they fixed a minor one I reported in a week.

Christmas break starts on Wednesday for me, so I'll be able to work on the game and maybe do some more bug bounty-hunting for Google.
Jacob_, I appreciate the fact that you are so open and decided to reply to this.
Other site owners would never do what you do, they are assholes.
Jacob_ is one of a kind though.