Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should character parts be brought back?
Vexillium is just a 2D version of what could be made as ONE game on 2Dworlds, and if he were to actually work on 2Dworlds, keep the updates coming, and work on the game in his free time, he'd be set.
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
(03-12-2013, 11:36 PM)Omega Wrote: Vexillium is just a 2D version of what could be made as ONE game on 2Dworlds, and if he were to actually work on 2Dworlds, keep the updates coming, and work on the game in his free time, he'd be set.

Not quite... it's in a different programming language, requires more complicated resources... in short, trying to make it in 2DWorlds would be somewhat like trying to make Minecraft in Roblox. You can get some things done... but it has to be re-written from scratch, and some features will never work properly no matter how hard you try.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
But the thing is, a CTF game (which is basically a dumbed-down version of Vexillium's core focus) is makable with a little bit of scripting and the focus to move forward. See, Minecraft in ROBLOX is unique because it operates on the idea of random generation whereas ROBLOX focuses on user generation

These don't collide, and seeing how they are opposites on basic mechanics compared to each other, you can't make one in the other. However, Vexillium is a 2D [check] CTF game [can be made], with a little bit of scripting [DysLabs and/or you have it covered] and it's a game that can be made with the same engine. If you look at Call of Roblox 5, it is almost identical to CoD with lego graphics. This proves a completely different game CAN be done. One brick might not look right at first, but it eventually will be perfected.

Thus, there's no point in Vexillium. Though the name sounds AWESOME.
[spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] [spoiler] ɥɔǝǝʌpuɐs ǝʞıן ı ıoq ɥɐǝʎ [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler] [/spoiler]
The rope physics would need reworking the game engine to be any good. The destroyable terrain would need reworking the game engine to be any good (Box2D has some stupid limitations on shapes). The super-awesome sparkly effects would need some custom render stuff to be any good.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
2DWorlds is not a game engine, it's a program for making games. I'm a programmer, so I'm not going to use 2DWorlds to make games for the same reason I'm not using Game Maker.

Even if I wanted to, many of the things in Vexillum wouldn't be possible to do in 2DWorlds, and it's easier just to code them separately than to try updating this awful 2 year old code to add whatever features I need and then take advantage of them.

Also, it's getting more and more difficult to distribute Java games. There's a reason that Minecraft and RuneScape are pretty much the only popular games that use Java.
You guys are wrong, Vexillum is excellent, great physics, good players, good maps, good interface, etc. It deserves popularity. I like it but not as much as 2DWorlds.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.