A new message for new users who are from Roblox.
It come and goes for me, so here's the message for those who can't see it.

Are you a ROBLOX player?
For some of you, this message will seem unnecessary, and that's good. However, after a pattern of abuse by some ROBLOX users in the past, we've added this message to save valuable time for our moderators so they can effectively enforce the rules.

Buildism is not a copy of ROBLOX. I know it seems similar at first. I played ROBLOX for a few months over 2 years ago, so there is definitely some influence there. However, I also played Garry's Mod, Stagecast Creator, Phun, and Sodaconstructor, which are all programs that let you build and/or make games--just like ROBLOX and Buildism. Buildism doesn't have 3D graphics or plastic building blocks, which are two defining features of ROBLOX. Buildism is just another website in the creativity/construction genre, just like ROBLOX, so if you're going to accuse us of copying any other game directly, then you might as well go call every recent FPS a copy of Halo.

We're a new website. There aren't a whole lot of games yet. I want more too, but it takes time to attract new players and teach them to use the editor and write scripts. If you want to help us make more games, that would be awesome, but please don't complain that the site is boring: that will change, whether it takes months or years.

The forum isn't everything. Problems happen on the forum. But that is true of every online game that has a forum; it's just more noticable here since most players spend most of their Buildism time on the forum.

We're always trying to improve moderation, so if you think a moderator made a bad choice somewhere, please PM Jacob_, the site owner.

Thanks for taking the time to check out this site.
Hello
I'm seeing it also.

It's a shy message. It likes to hide.
I've been here a few months but I forogt my PW, found it again, and here I am olol

And I know it's not a copy of roblox I tell people dat on roblox forumz, dose nobz
[Image: SEXOPHONEE.gif?1275676760] [Image: bhjt1.jpg]
I never thought of Buildism like ROBLOX, ROBLOX was getting awful anyways. Buildism sounds pretty cool. =)
This shows up if you reach the site from a page that has "roblox" in the URL (like a Google search for "games like roblox".)

It was supposed to be showing up to guests only, but there was a small mistake in the code so everyone was seeing it for a while.
Um every FPS game copies off of DOOM, not Halo and that comparison is too far off.
Buildism is influenced by ROBLOX is all that needs to be said.

A copy would be 3D, also people saying this is copied has died down similar to how people calling MC a copy of ROBLOX died.
Don't really need to bring up the subject until it gets to be drama.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
I wrote Doom at first, but I changed it because I wasn't sure how many ROBLOX players have heard of it.

I'm just trying to tell them that there's a difference between being influenced and being a complete copy.
Oh, ok. xD
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]