Hi I'm new
Surprisingly, I didn't find this game thru ROBLOX.

Can someone tell me about this game?
It's a 2D sandbox game editor, made using Java and Box2D, with the Lua programming language for ingame scripting. The owner and creator is Jacob "Jacob_" Morgan, who started it around 2009. The site first got hosted in November 2010, just over a year ago. He temporarily stopped development in late summer 2011, due to community issues and his entering Georgia Tech college, but restarted updates around January 1st.

The community is pretty small; there's only about 20 very active users at the moment, max. Having 10 or more users online at once happened very often from April through August, but is rare now. There aren't too many good games as of yet, as not too many players know much Lua and the ones who do (such as myself) are often busy with other commitments, and sometimes the bugs that still pop up now and again are discouraging.

There IS multiplayer; currently only available through port-forwarding or using Hamachi, because Jacob is hosting a Minecraft server and cannot host the buggy, dedicated Buildism server at the same time.
(01-22-2012, 04:31 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: It's a 2D sandbox game editor, made using Java and Box2D, with the Lua programming language for ingame scripting. The owner and creator is Jacob "Jacob_" Morgan, who started it around 2009. The site first got hosted in November 2010, just over a year ago. He temporarily stopped development in late summer 2011, due to community issues and his entering Georgia Tech college, but restarted updates around January 1st.

The community is pretty small; there's only about 20 very active users at the moment, max. Having 10 or more users online at once happened very often from April through August, but is rare now. There aren't too many good games as of yet, as not too many players know much Lua and the ones who do (such as myself) are often busy with other commitments, and sometimes the bugs that still pop up now and again are discouraging.

There IS multiplayer; currently only available through port-forwarding or using Hamachi, because Jacob is hosting a Minecraft server and cannot host the buggy, dedicated Buildism server at the same time.
Ok, I was also wondering how could I play multiplayer with other people?
You'd need to port forward, which can be tricky for beginners, or host a collaborative building Hamachi server.
(01-22-2012, 05:48 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: You'd need to port forward, which can be tricky for beginners, or host a collaborative building Hamachi server.

You don't need Hamachi for a collaboration server. You could practically do it with any sever from the editor.
Yes, but Hamachi has to be collaborative -- it's the only way to join one.
(01-22-2012, 06:10 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: Yes, but Hamachi has to be collaborative -- it's the only way to join one.

Does it cost money? Also, why haven't I seen anyone host a multiplayer server before?
Neither Hamachi nor port forwarding should cost money.

This is a guide to Hamachi hosting, which requires the free program Hamachi.

This website has details on how to port forward, which is used for site-integrated hosting -- people can just click "Play Multiplayer" on your game when you're hosting.

The reason most people don't host has to do with four reasons:

1: It can be a bit of a hassle.

2: It's buggy.

3: There aren't many good multiplayer games.

4: There usually aren't too many people online at once.
Hello there!
[Image: finn_flag.gif]