Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

My Family and I are Planning to Visit New York City
Believe it or not, we're actually going to drive all the way to New York, so just look at this image and remind yourself that these aren't actual directions to NYC and traffic is not counted at all. Somewhat related, I do remember when we drove to Las Vegas one time and Florida too when I was very young and when my two older brothers still lived with us. My family has been giving thought to visiting New York City in quite a while, and now we feel pretty sure that it's going to be this year that we'll finally go.

[Image: qwqCZXg.png]

Is there any suggestions for sightseeing? What are the costs of week-long vacationing in NYC? Tourist safety tips?

Since my skin color will obviously standout in a predominantly white region that New York is in, should I be expecting any negative racial attitudes?

As a reward for being the best community that I've ever sticked to despite every dispute, I will take some pictures of towns along the states and primarily NYC when I'll get there and I'll share it with you guys.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
(03-03-2013, 09:10 AM)Myem Wrote: Believe it or not, we're actually going to drive all the way to New York, so just look at this image and remind yourself that these aren't actual directions to NYC and traffic is not counted at all. Somewhat related, I do remember when we drove to Las Vegas one time and Florida too when I was very young and when my two older brothers still lived with us. My family has been giving thought to visiting New York City in quite a while, and now we feel pretty sure that it's going to be this year that we'll finally go.

[Image: qwqCZXg.png]

Is there any suggestions for sightseeing? What are the costs of week-long vacationing in NYC? Tourist safety tips?

Since my skin color will obviously standout in a predominantly white region that New York is in, should I be expecting any negative racial attitudes?

As a reward for being the best community that I've ever sticked to despite every dispute, I will take some pictures of towns along the states and primarily NYC when I'll get there and I'll share it with you guys.

I suggest taking a ride on the Staten Island Ferry which is in Downtown Manhattan, and you'll be able to see how gorgeous the city is. Basically it takes you from Lower Manhattan to Staten Island, with that you could see Governors Island, the Hudson River, a bit of the Statue of Liberty, some of Ellis Island, and a lot of Downtown Brooklyn's skyline as well as Manhattan's skyline. I also recommend taking a trip to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and the Museum of Modern Art which is in SoHo, if you are interested (that's in Midtown, Manhattan). I think you'd be interested in this too Myem, well here in NYC we have an island called "Roosevelt Island" it's basically a small island in-between Queens and Manhattan. Getting to it is interesting, there is a tram that takes you to it. To read more about it, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosevelt_Island_Tramway. I also recommend going to Times Square and seeing how busy things can be, as well as Central Park, it's very pretty and large. You also might enjoy walking across the Brooklyn Bridge which goes from Lower Manhattan all the way to Downtown Brooklyn/Brooklyn Heights, read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Bridge. When you get off the Brooklyn Bridge, if you have the energy of course, you might very well like going to Brooklyn Bridge Park, there are many scenic views there. There is also another area called "The West Village" which is a very quaint part of Western-Lower Manhattan. There are many shops in the area, art galleries, yuppies, hippie-dippie-liberals there, great restaurants, boutiques, and cafes, etc. You would like taking a stroll in it though because it gives you a feel of NYC, the brownstones are very pretty and well kept there too, so are the brownstones in Brooklyn Heights in Downtown Brooklyn. The things I listed are really things you should do when you come here. Also as for "negative racial attitudes"- you don't find that there, everyone is tolerant and the fact that we consist of so many racial backgrounds means that you won't have a problem. We are a city with great culture, and we are also known for our acceptance for everyone. HOWEVER, if you ever decide to take the subway, be prepared to see thugs or menace hanging around, if you see any (usually they can be black, their underwear can be visible and you could see it all the way to their knees, many times these menacing people either have tattoo's on their foreheads or arms, and occasionally could be either shirtless or wearing their baseball caps backwards). I'm not trying to be racist, but many of these people hang around trying to haggle and get money. Usually you just look down, and knowing who's good and who isn't requires a wide fundamental knowledge and street-smarts. But don't worry about anything, there are dozens of cops lurking the streets especially in Manhattan, and nothing will happen.

I hope you like the city. ^_^
PS: if you have any questions, you can contact me, I'll gladly be delighted to respond.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
So you're going to be going up along the mountains?

Well, then I can give you fair warning.

Prepare for 10 hours of mind-numbing Virginia mountainside and Pennsylvania fields. If you're lucky you'll get some nice vistas. If not, there's pretty much nothing worth stopping at or taking much note of for 500 miles.

As to what Oak said about the subways, in the 20 or so trips I've taken on NYC subways (including several all the way from Queens to Coney Island) I have come across a money-begger once. Like Oak said, just don't look them in the eye and don't talk back and they'll take no notice of you. Ignore them, and they'll ignore you.

Oh, and if you do visit the Statue of Liberty,

Do.

NOT.

Take.

The stairs.

EVER.

Even if there's a two-dozen-person line for the elevator.

Trust me.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
New Amsterdam is a fucking terrible place.
Me and my family made a car trip from finland all the way to berlin in germany. I know that long way car trips can be very frustrating and painful if you drive like 10 hours a day. But good luck and enjoy! Smile
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
(03-03-2013, 03:33 PM)Kieron Wrote: New Amsterdam is a fucking terrible place.

So is the hospital you were born in.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.