I remember having this fake AntiVirus....(True Story)
(07-15-2011, 11:56 PM)Testerrocksroblox Wrote: Ubuntu is worthless except for Hosting severs sometimes. Switch to Google Chrome people say to me.

I just broke the world record for most face palms.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
(07-15-2011, 11:56 PM)Testerrocksroblox Wrote: Ubuntu is worthless except for Hosting severs sometimes. Switch to Google Chrome people say to me.

I actually wish my computer wasn't an Ubuntu, mainly because it freaking supports nothing

And the computer itself isn't that good, I have to play minecraft at small render distance with smooth lighting off, and no tabs of internet open.
And I have like 60 or 70 GB of space on my hard drive
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
Lol, 10 block view distance radius.
(07-15-2011, 03:51 AM)Testerrocksroblox Wrote: It was called "Windows Vista 2012 AntiVirus". It was installed on my computer so I did not know what the heck was the Virus. I scanned and it said, you need to remove these infections. When I found out the next day(July 4) I knew those "Infections" were actually important and good files. It said "'Do not remove them" in the guide. The Next day, I downloaded these files to shut down the virus. It did and I told my dad and used his USB to transfer one of my files to my computer from the main Computer.

I then Downloaded MalwareBytes to remove the fake antivirus. I then scanned the computer then it was cleansed after I scanned it. It Cleansed itself after I clicked to remove them. I removed it and it worked. My dad said before, "Do it at your own risk, even if your computer breaks down". I did, but my computer did not break down.

After I removed the fake AntiVirus, I was never going to download anything without looking at the site closely.
The internet can be so scary.

Hello
That's too cautious, how about you never download untrusted stuff?
Well if you aren't using IE crap is usually blocked anyway.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
I had that exact thing, it's simpler to fix though and now it self-installs automatically.

You go to Safe-Mode then open System Restore.

After that run Malware Bytes. Win.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]
(07-15-2011, 02:36 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: My mom got one of those just by looking at a website. She promises that she didn't click anything, so I think it used an IE exploit.

It wouldn't let me run antivirus software, or delete its .exe file (which opened on startup.) So I renamed the file instead and rebooted... the fake antivirus program was gone.

However, Google was still redirected to some spam site, and MalwareBytes wouldn't fix it so we had to reformat. I made sure she switched to Firefox after that.

lol that sucks. My mom never got a virus on her computer Tongue She's been using ubuntu for like 10 years rofl
(07-15-2011, 03:24 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-15-2011, 03:04 PM)Login Wrote: Mine was 10x worse than yours. I believe you got lucky. For the oddest of reasons, I couldn't do System Restore. When I did get the ability, I did it. The weird thing is: The virus didn't go away. So I went and used Malware Bytes and it still didn't work. It wouldn't let me open anything but Malware Bytes, which found malware on Full Scan every time I scanned it, like as if it was copying itself. So it ended up blue screening and now it's repaired thanks to college students.

You run your antivirus software in safe mode.
System restore is always blocked by it, it's fairly easy to remove it when it is inactive *cough*in safe mode*cough*.

When in doubt spam F8

I couldn't get in Safe mode. Only allowed normal mode. Also, I did System Restore, oddly enough, the virus stayed.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
(07-17-2011, 05:22 AM)Login Wrote:
(07-15-2011, 03:24 PM)Ming-Yan Wrote:
(07-15-2011, 03:04 PM)Login Wrote: Mine was 10x worse than yours. I believe you got lucky. For the oddest of reasons, I couldn't do System Restore. When I did get the ability, I did it. The weird thing is: The virus didn't go away. So I went and used Malware Bytes and it still didn't work. It wouldn't let me open anything but Malware Bytes, which found malware on Full Scan every time I scanned it, like as if it was copying itself. So it ended up blue screening and now it's repaired thanks to college students.

You run your antivirus software in safe mode.
System restore is always blocked by it, it's fairly easy to remove it when it is inactive *cough*in safe mode*cough*.

When in doubt spam F8

I couldn't get in Safe mode. Only allowed normal mode. Also, I did System Restore, oddly enough, the virus stayed.

Reboot the computer and on the page with the Windows logo F8 spam. You will go to a black page with options, use up and down and enter to select one of them.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]