I just joined on this game...
Wow. All I can say is, is seems like a total copy. Not gonna say of what. Even references to it on the Wiki..
Because roblox obviously invented the idea of building your own game.

Hint:They didn't
(08-08-2011, 08:47 AM)MysteriousG Wrote: Wow. All I can say is, is seems like a total copy. Not gonna say of what. Even references to it on the Wiki..

Yeah no.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
Always assume its a copy of R.

The wiki's just kinda the same because some Buildism users come from R, and that Converting Lua from R section helps, so does many other things.

Now, go into the Editor, does that look like ROBLOX?
Look, copying items from it. Especially the person above me. [domino crown].
(08-08-2011, 09:04 AM)Duck Wrote: Because roblox obviously invented the idea of building your own game.

Hint:They didn't

Yes, but it seems really obvious y'all got the idea from them.
User content is not copying.

Someone made Minecraft skins on ROBLOX -- does that mean ROBLOX copied Minecraft? No.

MediaWiki is a free wiki that MANY sites use. Some sites are only MediaWikis.

Buildism is a Java-based game. Roblox uses Ogre.

Jacob_ had quit ROBLOX for over 2 years before starting Buildism, so there's just as much inspiration from other games such as Phun.

Roblox is a corporate, 6+-year-old multi-million dollar buisness. Buildism is an indie game made by one person over about a year.

Roblox doesn't have a monopoly on block-style create-your-own-games. Minecraft, Sploder, and many more have the same style.

Roblox has no equivalent of our Terrain, Water, Ladders, or Multiple Worlds.

And before you start calling us a copy of Roblox, think about what Roblox really is. Roblox is infinitely more a copy of Lego than we are a copy of Buildism.
Also, you kind of copied minecraft with the random messages that pop up on the little bar.
(08-08-2011, 07:05 PM)MysteriousG Wrote: Also, you kind of copied minecraft with the random messages that pop up on the little bar.

Minecraft didn't invent random messages.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
Bungie's website changes their banner every time you go to their homepage.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
Welcome to the site.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]