Open the mod forums up in the archive.
I want to read old mod discussions.
(09-14-2012, 09:43 PM)Fat_Sacks Wrote: I want to read old mod discussions.
Support.
Hurray for ban evading!
support
To show you just how boring it is, here's the last 4 threads.

Quote:Author: Paradox
Title: You [know] that page that shows up whenever you post/do a mod action?
Post: Why do we still have this? I remember it being require for something, but I can't remember.

Author: Jacob_

Author: Paradox
Post: Whenever you post or do a mod action on the forum, a redirect page shows up with options like Return to forum or you can wait a little bit of time to be automatically redirected back to your post.

[The thread ends here. For some reason I thought I remembered posting a reply to it; in any case, the reason that I remember is that for posting suspensions to display, the redirect page is required to be enabled -- else the post just doesn't appear and the suspended user has no idea they are suspended from posting.]

Quote:Author: Qwertygiy
Title: The ability to suspend a user from the chat
Post: Recently, with several users but particularly Franco, there have been sprees of very non-useful chats that impede the ability for anyone else to have useful discussions. I propose that Jacob_ adds a feature similar to the "Suspend posting privileges" button in the forum CP to the main admin page or something equivalent.

If I'd been able to suspend Glome from the chat, for example, that little episode yesterday would've been a bit easier to handle than having to give two warnings and then a ban. And as Interwebs, noob007, Dignity, Glome, and anyone else who's been active in the chat in the past week probably agree, it would save a lot of trouble to halt Franco's runs of "GOOGLE IS A BUNCH OF HICKS! / HICKS! / HICKS! / LYING CHEATS! / LIES! / CHEATS! " or random song lyrics.

Author: Fat_Sacks

Author: Ashely
Post: If that happens again simply warn the user and if he/she keeps on with the spam a one day ban can take place. I dont think we are going to need that power because we dont know what he's doing with the chat.

It would be better if we add a rule regarding chatting. Same rules apply to posting on the forum.

Post: Just because you have been absent from the site and chat for the past week or so doesn't mean other mods are too. Me, qwerty and noob are in the chat every day and we look over the chat and site for hours. We need this tool more than anything right now.

Post: Okay that is why I suggested what you guys should do for the time being.

I support the suggestion although like I said we dont know what Jacob's doing with the chat. Maybe he's upgrading as we speak.

Quote:Author: Jacob_
Title: Unofficial criteria for moving/deleting/locking
Post [April 2011]: Just posted this in Buildism Discussion:

Delete: Inappropriate language/content, illegal stuff, personal attacks
Lock: Mild rule-breaking, flame wars, threads that couldn't possibly produce positive discussion
Move: Off topic threads

Author: Login

Post: Yeah, and users should do their part and report the bad posts.

Author: Ice

Author: Jacob_
Post [July 2012]: Just a reminder, locked threads should be moved to the archive after all of the participants have had a chance to see that they were locked (probably a day or two.)

Quote:Author: Ashely
Title: @InterWebs
Post: I and I'm sure the rest of the team would like to know what made you change your name and why that name? Fat Sacks? sounds a bit disturbing, but I'm sure you wouldn't do that to be inappropriate.

And pretty much everywhere else.

Post: Because I use this name on 90% of the places I'm on. It's not intended to be anything disturbing, it's just an inside joke between me and a few friends outside of the internet, just like my avatar.

Jacob_, if you feel I shouldn't have posted this for whatever reason, go ahead and delete.
Yep. What about the old mod threads back from April-July 2011. You know, the PA on me and Glome?