Don't Laugh When I Say This, But..
Me and a friend are planning on programming a game, I said don't laugh, because, although we're only 11 and 12, Telamon started programming when he was like 9 or something to that extent.
[Image: Pyromancer.png]
[Image: PyroMancerSteamID.png]
[lua]while true do end[/lua]
I made a website at 12... it's definitely doable.
(04-05-2011, 07:17 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I made a website at 12... it's definitely doable.

I'm starting off with C++, I got a tutorial and everything, but it keeps saying my compiler I'm using is invalid. T_T

edit:
Also, Jacob_, what programming language did you use to make this?
(04-05-2011, 07:28 PM)Pyromancer Wrote:
(04-05-2011, 07:17 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I made a website at 12... it's definitely doable.

I'm starting off with C++, I got a tutorial and everything, but it keeps saying my compiler I'm using is invalid. T_T

edit:

The game: Java
The website: HTML, CSS and PHP
If you're just making a website, learn a markup language like HTML or something. C++ won't help you with making a website.
Yes, I am a furry. Judge me if you want.
Did you like my post? Give me internets!
[Image: 76561198037771700.png][Image: 7923.png]
I believe you can start programming at any age. I wish I got into it sooner Sad
[Image: rogershanksluffy_display.gif]
Nothing funny, In fact, good for you. Its good to start at a young age.
(04-05-2011, 10:13 PM)Bramwell Wrote: If you're just making a website, learn a markup language like HTML or something. C++ won't help you with making a website.

I was planning on making the "game" first, but, I guess the other way around would be better.

edit:

Im going to school for C++ and 3D design good luck
(04-05-2011, 10:07 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

edit:

The game: Java
The website: HTML, CSS and PHP

Did you pay for a Java package or did you get a free one? I'm trying to find the free JDK on Oracle but there isn't a JDK and I'm trying to think which one it could be.