Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan for next week
I'm going to get multiplayer integrated with the website, which means you'll be able to start servers for your own games and join other servers without having to open the editor first. It still has a lot of bugs, but hopefully this will make it easier to find them!

For now, you can still host servers the old fashioned way: http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-How-to-...er-Servers (feel free to post IPs in this thread)
Hell yea.
Is this going to be like ROBLOX servers (hosted by the website) or like Minecraft servers (hoseted by the user, with port and IP)? I think it'll be like it was -- with the port and IP -- is it?
Servers will be user hosted.
Jacob_ I haven't managed to get my own server hosted, I've read everything, and it just won't work, and I found out why: port forwarding, and nobody ever told me that in the tutorials. They just said "Download hamachi" and then what? But I still can't get multiplayer on minecraft (Which I've been DYING to do! =[ I want it to be Survival Mode Multiplayer - Only me and Logan can enter, usernames:
Zontafer
LOGIBEAR5
If you do decide to host a server for me, tell me the IP and I'll see if I can convince my mom to donate to your host! ^_^) Oh yes, and use MCServerlist.net for a free host. I just can't forward port. >_<, and even if I did, the host thing would kill my RAM %.
[Image: poptartFINALTINY.gif]
[Image: log.png?t=1302647037]
So... we have to type in the IP and port to play a game. I need to foward (spelling?) my port and that would also, like Login, kill my % RAM. So I think servers should be hosted by the site for those who can't foward their port.
Woohoo!
I will keep my eyes peeled for bugs.
Multiplayer Big Grin
Eh, don't wanna host, I'd rather join one.
I wander what day this week...?