Has my computer got a virus?
My CPU Usage (as seen from my Task Manager) is always hovering between 50-75%, even when I have no windows open. When I have a memory-extensive program up, like Minecraft, Roblox, my music program, or multiple tabs in Firefox, it goes up to around 100%. Yet when I list the processes in Task Manager, there's nothing more than the occaisional 1% (besides the aforementioned programs, should they be running). I've also noticed that "System Processes" is always missing from the list when this happens. You know, that one that's always 100 minus everything else's CPU combined and not counted in the percentages?

Do I have a virus of some sort or is this just my computer being weird?
Yes, it's called "Windows" the worst virus ever made.
[Image: AmZJnA9.png]
I'm worried it's an even worse one, known as "Intel Hardware".
Doy you have an antivirus of some sort?
If it's Norton, remove it and get a real antivirus.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
I have an upgraded version of the default Windows stuff; my experience with most antiviruses in the past has been unsatisfactory, to say the least.
Again, do you have Norton, or something else?
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
I have Microsoft Security Essentials, and I have MalwareBytes installed but not as an active antivirus.
Has my computer gotten* a virus.

And probably yes.
Did ever bother to click the "Show processes from all users" button (Ignore the "System Idle Process")?
(02-03-2012, 12:23 AM)Paradox Wrote: Did ever bother to click the "Show processes from all users" button (Ignore the "System Idle Process")?

I don't think any other users were logged in; however, if it happens again, I'll make sure to check.