Poll: Username
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ming-Yan
83.33%
5 83.33%
Alevity
16.67%
1 16.67%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Serious Question
(01-20-2013, 06:36 AM)Leonartist Wrote: I've heard Beats are heavily bassy. Do they really sound that way?

To be honest, the bass on beats [I have studio and had Solos for 5 days then returned them] isn't anything compared to my Sonys. Not saying there isn't any. If you are stepping from apple earbuds or some other cheap type of headphone, then beats do sound booming. The drivers have a little rumble to them at high volume, but is more smooth. The mids are still ok on it too regardless of the bass. The treble is ok but it mashes together and doesn't come off so crisp at the ends. EQ'd beats came go up to +12 but any more on a heavy bass song makes them distort. At +12db of bass they become even more smooth with a nice feel to them, but don't rumble as much any more.

They take batteries which is a down side, and when the battery is low the sound will be distorted until the batteries die. Sudden movements when battery is low will cause there to be white noise and skips in the song. Also the noise isolation makes a hssing noise that won't go away. They don't work without being turned on.
For $300 and the cost of batteries it's not really worth it. Though arguably the look can make up for some of the cost. The noise cancelling is a joke though.
==

Solos [HD] have more bass than studio but it's forced so the bass is...annoying. Like it gives headaches because it tries to be loud but it's too muddy and the on ear design doesn't feel good. Mids are mudded out and the treble is distorted. For $200 they aren't worth it. They sound worse than a $20 pair of philips I have...

==
Compared to Xb-700. UnEq'd the bass sounds about the same but the 700's kick will have more thump. Once Eq'd to +12db there is a HUGE difference. It thumps, rather it rumbles literally vibrates and you can feel every sound it's pretty cool. The mids stay clear and the treble is bright and comes off crisp. Though unEq'd the treble on high volume can sound harsh. The mids are good throughout except some specific vocals sounds can get drowned out specifically female voices [some Miku frequencies can get drowned out by instrumental] though I doubt you will listen to music with singing like that. At +15db the bass is booming and it can be really loud. Maybe overwhelming to some but it never gives a headache or is muddy. Regardless of how loud the bass is you can still hear the mids and highs and having the instrument separation helps with finding individual sounds even when one end of the spectrum is EQ'd more than the other. The bass is very deep and goes very low to 3db where at around 10db of bass it just rumbles [because you can't hear below 20db]. I like how you can feel bass more than you hear is in some deep bass genres like trap.
For $130 you get more than what you paid for. Especially when they were only $80.

==
Just referencing.
Lows = Bass, Kick
Mids = Vocals [usually], Guitar, Snare, Keyboard[middle register obv], other instruments
Highs = High vocals, high any instrument, mainly cymbals go here

I mean if you were messing with an EQ you can tell which instruments are changing.

/end long post

xb 700 is ridiculously large though RT.
[Image: 574825_483909258295721_1450192660_n.jpg]
[Image: 555342_545048538848459_695736734_n.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Serious Question - by Alevity - 01-20-2013, 03:56 AM