Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you dream about?
You know how sometimes you'll have a dream (or other people will talk about dreams they've had) that correspond shockingly well to something that happened in reality at the time they were asleep or very shortly after?

I seem to have a similar curse.

If I dream something that's not completely random, does not loop around on itself and repeat many many times before I wake up, and involves multiple people I know in reality, there's a 50-50 chance that if something incredibly similar to that dream were ever to happen in my life, it would happen the day after I dream it, but it doesn't.

For example, after that ice-cream-truck kidnapping dream, I woke up, looked around, went "Oh. That was weird. Great, now I'm thinking about her again *grumble*" and went back to sleep. The dream I had after that was just a few seconds long: a bunch of people hanging around a wall, some of them reading, and then there's a huge buzzing whirling noise, and the wall comes crashing down, revealing swirling white-gray clouds on the other side.

After that one, I woke up in a bit of a panic. I hadn't had a dream involving death in several months, let alone a tornado dream. (Those guys used to love to haunt me.) I tried going back to sleep, but it was 8:00 and it was raining loudly. It was impossible. So I get up, go to the kitchen, get breakfast, and my dad comes in and says, "So, this is Tropical Storm Debbie going overhead right now."

That didn't quite click for about ten minutes, but when it did... that was slightly worrying.

Power went out for a while around lunch, the rain literally fell sideways at times, and later in the day there were tornado warnings about 5 to 10 miles north of us. My sister was playing on the PlayStation 3 with surround sound (I did not enjoy my vacation very much but it did have its perks) and I was doing something on my computer (bashing Franco, no doubt) when suddenly there's a very loud clap of thunder.

Except it doesn't end. It just gets louder.

I got up, a little anxious, and headed into the front room, and looked out the window. Still raining hard, but nothing else in sight. It kept roaring. My sisters started to panic; clearly they had the same idea I did. We start to scatter towards the other rooms, looking for either our parents or a secure room, I'm not sure which. Then I realized the farther I got from that front room, the very much quieter it got. Heading back into it, it got louder, but it wasn't increasing apart from that, and there was still no funnel cloud outside.

The surround sound had malfunctioned.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]

Messages In This Thread
What do you dream about? - by ijfeswijfae - 01-24-2013, 02:27 AM