An e-mail has been served.
(06-13-2011, 05:08 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: And I thought my message was professional...

If they don't respond to that email, they won't respond to anything.

Obviously they thought it was just another "Timmy called me a noob, ban him plz!" e-mails.

This was her reply.

"Anna, Jun-13 07:18 (PDT):
Dear [[Myname]],
We are sorry to hear about this incident. If you see users talking about something inappropriate on any of our forums, please report it with the Report Abuse buttons. Our moderators do the best they can, but please try to understand that there are about a dozen moderators and tens of thousands of users. The best way to make sure something is moderated quickly is to report it, rather than just waiting idly for the moderators to have a chance to take it down. I am a moderator myself and can tell you from experience that we rely on responsible, concerned users like yourself to assist in the moderation process by reporting inappropriate content.
We cannot moderate users without proof, which is another reason we need the inappropriate content reported. As long as you report it, we will be happy to punish the person who posted it.
-Anna"

Pointing out the stupidity of this:

-------------------------------------
We are sorry to hear about this incident.
-- I hope so.
If you see users talking about something inappropriate on any of our forums, please report it with the Report Abuse buttons.
--It was reported, but if you'd read the e-mail it was said that the content was not removed until after the incident.
Our moderators do the best they can, but please try to understand that there are about a dozen moderators and tens of thousands of users.
--Another line that makes me think you just skimmed my letter. I stated;

Quote:I understand that moderators cannot watch the forum all the time but there's some point where you have to draw the line.

The best way to make sure something is moderated quickly is to report it, rather than just waiting idly for the moderators to have a chance to take it down.
-- If the moderators were there to take it down, they would have. Reporting does nothing if there are no mods to read the reports.

I am a moderator myself and can tell you from experience that we rely on responsible, concerned users like yourself to assist in the moderation process by reporting inappropriate content.
-- I'm more than a concerned user- I'm a volunteer staff of a site that was illegally and maliciously attacked by your users.

We cannot moderate users without proof, which is another reason we need the inappropriate content reported.
--Surely you have some logs of deleted threads. Any one of them shows people openly confessing to DoSing and raiding CubeBomb and Buildism.

As long as you report it, we will be happy to punish the person who posted it.
-- It's more than a post. It's an inter-site raid.

-------------------------------------

I did not send that as my reply, but instead opted with a much simpler;

Quote:I pray that you will understand this, but the incident in question was more than inappropriate content posted on your website. Your users were organizing, planning and directing illegal activities resulting in your users DoSing a site.

This is gonna be a long week.
Edit: She replied.

Dear [[ME]],
Yes, you made that clear. Again, we apologize for the incident, but as long as you report inappropriate behavior with the Report Abuse buttons, the moderators will be happy to help you.

I got nothing. Anyone got anything that I should say? It's like trying to play diplomacy against a brick wall.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3

Messages In This Thread
An e-mail has been served. - by Phoenix - 06-13-2011, 02:28 AM