Anyone hear about Bill S.978?
(07-02-2011, 02:23 PM)BlandFlakes Wrote:
(07-02-2011, 10:11 AM)Duck Wrote: Proud to be British.

Tongue

The video would still be taken off of youtube Tongue

I could still find an english video sharing site Tongue
(07-02-2011, 02:09 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: This basically means that you if you upload the opening cutscene to Super Mario Galaxy to YouTube, without editing it, you *could* get fined.

Taking a movie of yourself defeating Bowser and uploading it to YouTube? So long as it's not one big cutscene, I would think that's fine.

And remember, just because it's a law doesn't mean it will be enforced. It's illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder in Massachusets, yet I don't think anyone's been arrested for that.

As for unauthorized, this basically means against the written terms squiggled away in the manual for the game. You know, like books always have a clause on the copyright page that says "No part of this book may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without written permission" or etc.

Unless the game has a clause written somewhere that says "Play of this game may not be recorded and stored in any form of media except without written permission" or something like that, I think then that's fine. I have several hours on old VHS tapes of Cars the videogame and Matt Hoffman BMX 2.

It doesn't actually mean that, although I believe it's meant to.

The wording actually suggests that putting up a let's play would be illegal.

As well as other things, such as singing copyrighted songs and putting them on youtube

Messages In This Thread
Anyone hear about Bill S.978? - by Tyler - 07-02-2011, 03:01 AM