Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
My novel, the Adventures of Mysty
Yesterday, me and Mysty found some of the magic that led to the creation of this story in the first place. What else can you call nearly 10 straight hours of continuous in-character roleplay, where, among other things, one of us had a good idea for doing one part of the story but let the other take control, and it turned out exactly the same way anyway; and later on, one of us coincidentally used a story mechanic that the other had planned to use heavily later on but had not even hinted at yet?

We even devised our own grammar system for it. Normal text is dialogue; if it's from her, it's Mysty. If it's from me, I prefix it with the initial of the character speaking [ G) or W) or N) ] unless there is logically only one character who could be speaking at that time. If it's surrounded by parenthesis, it's actiontext (smiles). And prefixed by an apostrophe is a comment not directly inside the story (because Google uses *this* for bold text, that can get annoying sometimes Tongue ).

Also, *........ means "HURRY UP ALREADY!"

So, good news bad news for anyone interested in reading. Good news is, we're working through a lot of plot here that will be ten times easier to turn into full-on story than the little roleplay that the whole thing sprung from in the first place. Bad news is, I might be doing this roleplaying the plot more often instead of writing the plot. Tongue

Here's a quick excerpt. (By the way, if I post any more of it later you might notice I use a more formal tone with Nate early on, like in this portion, but slip into more modern, 'natural' speech later; that's just for my convenience. In the story, simple but complete speech, such as this sentence, is how Nate will always talk.)
Quote:Qwerty: G) So, Will and I were talking about some stuff earlier, and I don't don't know if it's a good idea to worry you guys with it yet, so we'll be ... talking? There's no good verb for this telepathy stuff, is there? -- in the cabin for a bit.
W) Just call out if you need help, and don't go too far from the clearing. (breaks thoughtlink to Mysty and Nate)
Mysty: Ok....I'm going to go and try to figure some things out on my own.....hopefully I won't blow anything up....but no promises.....
(Heads more into the forest)
Qwerty: N) I will stay here in the clearing. Have fun.
*brb
Mysty: Are you sure? Do you not want to have conversation with w and g?
* and by the way, when I use the initial, I do mean the whole name, it's just faster to type
*i know you said brb, btw
*i just waitin'
*Wink
*dishes or something?
Qwerty: *ding ding
N) They said they did not want to worry us about whatever it is they are talking about, and I do not think I need more things to worry about. I will work on drawing in the dirt.
Mysty: why drawing?
Qwerty: N) It is something simple I can do that I like. There isn't much else to do here... I can't do the tricks you and the ghost and the wolf can.
Mysty: hmm.....i dont feel safe just leaving you out here alone....would, would you like to come with me?
Qwerty: N) You will make sure not to, as you said, blow up anything... such as me?
Mysty: uhmm......sure (bad poker face smile)
Qwerty: N) Well, I suppose that if anything bad approaches, you can blow it up, and I could not, so that cancels out the possibility of me... what exactly is blowing up? Or do I not want to know?
Mysty: you might not want to know....but if for some reason you do, you can ask the ghost over there....he's an expert.
Qwerty: N) I will remember that if I ever need to. For now I will come with you. What exactly can you do? I know you can make it so we can talk without talking, like we are now.
Mysty: well, i know it kind of sounds childish, but I have ALWAYS wanted to do the art of telekinesis
and if you do not know what that is...
It is when you move things with your mind, without physically touching it
Qwerty: N) That sounds like it would be very useful.
Mysty: well, i guess so. I just always imagined that it would be kind of fun, to do something with what i have left of a mind. I believe you have to have a lot of brain power, and great focus, and also if I am correct, you can even fly yourself, or make others fly, but I rather not.....because of somethi--but anyway what do you think I should try it on first? (while walking further on into the forest)
Qwerty: N) Not me I hope!
Mysty: dont worry, i think it would be easier if i start with something small, and more light wight
*weight
Qwerty: N) How about one of the fruits, the glowy things? I see a tree over there.
Mysty: ok....i think i am gonna try to grab the highest fruit, without even touching the tree....but please do not make fun of me if it does not work.....i am atleast trying to do something on my own for a change
Qwerty: N) As long as you do not cause me to learn what blowing up is, I will be fine. (grins)
Mysty: ok, thanks. ( closes eyes )
( reaches out hand as if about to grab, but while with a very concentrated face)
( face loosens, hand goes down, with sad face of disapproval ) I, I can't do it.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]

Messages In This Thread
My novel, the Adventures of Mysty - by Ghosty - 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM