Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What is your favorite cartoon?
I've only ever found four cartoons good enough to watch through the whole series.

One of them, Animalia... good luck ever finding any episodes of that. It was an Australian-based show that ran for 2 seasons on PBS in 2008. Two kids enter a Sydney library, accidentally find a portal to secret world (not in a book or anything, it's part of the library) ruled by animals, and governed by the troublesome Core, a giant crystal. The Core often erupts Core Spores, messing up Animalia in dangerous ways, and the devious tiger Tyrannicus is constantly coming up with ways to get rich quick, take control over Animalia, or spread his popularity. And then there's The Creeper. Not like Minecraft creepers. He's a weasel. A very sinister, evil weasel. It's not really a funny show, and though it does have some kiddy-ish 'moral themes' to it some times it's not at all overriding.

Another is one that someone on my short-lived Minecraft server happened to mention, and then I had to look it up, and then I spent a week watching every single episode of the two seasons of The Secret Show on YouTube. It's random, it's crazy, and it's hilarious, without being mean or snarky. The main characters are Professor Professor, the tiny little mad scientist with the German accent; Changed Daily, the head of UZZ whose name, for reasons of security, is changed daily, so today, you may call him... (sigh) Fuzzy McSchmookums; Victor, the bumbling, awkward up-and-coming secret agent; his partner, the much less bumbling Anita; and Ray, the guy in glasses, a dark suit, and does all the extra super-secret stuff they might need. They fight THEM, an evil agency lead by Doctor Doctor, an old compatriot of Professor Professor who turned to evil; the Impostors, a race of grubs who wear shape-shifting suits that can impersonate anyone and live 60 miles under the Earth's surface; the Reptogators, snaky alienish beasts who live in a cave about 15 miles down; the Floaty Heads, a race of aliens who collect worlds; the Butcher, whom I shouldn't have to explain too much about; and a handful of other one-time villains. It's all really light-hearted and awesome.

And then there's Phineas and Ferb. I watched it after the Secret Show, and man.... It's kind of disturbing how Phineas's shape looks a lot like Anita, Ferb a lot like Victor, and Major Monogram looks nearly EXACTLY like Changed Daily. Heck, you could even say Perry looks a bit like Professor Professor. And of course, the whole secret agent deal in every episode... yeah, if you tell me that Dan Povenmire and Jeff Marsh never saw the Secret Show, I'd call you a liar. But it's not just an outright clone of it; it does have its uniqueness. The triple-plot of Candace/Jeremy, Phineas/Ferb, and Perry/Doofenschmirtz is brilliant, and it gets mixed up enough to keep it from getting old. And the little references to past episodes without directly following from them linearly is also pretty awesome. And of course the random humor without being mean or nasty is tops.

And then there's the last one. The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I'm not talking about that Super Sleuth junk. I'm not talking about those lame little Book of Pooh puppets. I'm talking about the cartoon that ran for 5 or 6 years in the late 80's and early 90's. I loved watching it as a kid, had a bunch of VCR tapes of it, and went back and watched them this summer. It has so much extra humor that I get now that I didn't get back then, without being too adult or inappropriate for little kids (for the most part... the jokes about "a swinging" in the Wild West episode were more than a little dark...) or being, as a whole, too little-kiddish. There are so many quotes from that show that I'm never going to forget... the time when Rabbit's up a tree, so Gopher decides to TNT the tree to bring him down... "This could be painful, but then again, it could hurt a lot, too..." or when Tigger builds a monstrous machine... "This! Is the dawn! Of a new error!!" Or another giant Tigger contraption... "I came. I sawed. I hammered."

Anyway, I've rambled on long enough Smile
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]

Messages In This Thread
What is your favorite cartoon? - by BuildistGuard - 03-29-2013, 02:40 AM