Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does "God" Exist?
There is no way to prove that God does not exist.

The way I would try to explain that logic would go something like this:

Nobody in our planet has definite proof of extraterrestrial life. (UFOs, if they aren't hallucinations or outright lies, are usually either weird things involving light and clouds or government test stuff (I'm thinking Roswell here). No proof of them being aliens.) However, the universe is unimaginably large. Who can say for sure that there isn't some mouselike blob living on a rocky planet outside star XJ-T64 in the Andromeda galaxy? (That's not to say you should try to persuade everyone you know that a mouselike blob lives on a rocky planet outside star XJ-T64 in the Andromeda galaxy. It's just a random example.)

In the same way, there is no way you can prove that NO god exists whatsoever.

As for what I think of it,

I don't really think that the regular "Christian" God, I think in the Bible He's called Jehovah, exists, especially not as described literally in the Bible. This may just be the programmer in me speaking, but if there is a Creator, I think it's more along the lines of "He wrote the laws of math and physics and initiated the Big Bang" than "He created the Universe and controls Everything in It". And if that happened, it's highly likely that in whatever realm He exist(ed?) in, we'd have no way to comprehend it. It's like if Jeff was a conscientious being and not just a drawing. How would you manage to explain depth to him when all he knows is height and length?

Messages In This Thread
Does "God" Exist? - by simonheros - 04-14-2012, 04:02 AM