This was bad... [NASCAR]
(05-06-2012, 03:58 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote:
(05-06-2012, 03:56 PM)Franco30557 Wrote:
(05-06-2012, 03:54 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: You may want to watch the race today, then, Franco -- Talladega is usually one of the more exciting races even when there are no wrecks like the one in the OP. There were 30-something lead changes in the race yesterday, a pass in the last 500 feet for the win, and it was only about 3/4 the length of the one today. They may go in circles, but better to go in circles and have a lot of passes/back and forth/anyone can win than have a weird blobby shape where one guy laps everyone twice.

[Image: 298x.jpg]

[Image: 298x.jpg]

But it's just turning left, It seems like anyone could do it.

If it was just turning left then all they'd have would be one lap -- everyone would run into each other in the first corner at 150 miles per hour.

You have to have strategy as well, especially at the big tracks -- who do I want pushing me? Can I push them or will my car overheat? Should I run up front, or should I stay back because Bob and Joe are getting a bit too close together? Can I squeeze in there or will that cause the entire field to wreck?

You have to remember at Talladega that there are 30-something cars running at 180+ mph within a second of each other. You have to be able to pass other cars, work with other cars, block other cars, not wreck other cars, and not fall too far behind other cars.

I can understand that strategy at the Wibble-Wobble track, but in a track where every stadium pretty much has the same layout; an oval. You just drive fast, turn left, drive fast, turn left for about 3 hours...
Now. This is what I call a track, imagine NASCARS racing on this! =D

[Image: New-Silverstone-Grand-Prix-Circuit-Image...-Names.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
This was bad... [NASCAR] - by Qwertygiy - 05-05-2012, 11:32 PM