Dubstep thread (aka "The Wub Club")
(06-27-2012, 07:37 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I threw this together in just 10 minutes. (wav file, Mediafire cut off the extension somehow)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?btknelv59vs97vi

Doesn't really sound like dubstep. Sounds more like electronica.
Merr- looped the melody too much and lacked diversity.
[Just being a critique here]
---

Anyway... My thoughts are that dubstep does take some form of talent.

(06-27-2012, 05:31 PM)Micky Wrote: Yet you are not making the music, the computer does it for you, you just have to cordinate the times and add wub wub crap. Everything is pre-recorded. Again it doesnt show passion, talent, just a guy with a computer. im done.

The computer may generate the sound yes- but the computer is merely the instrument itself in my opinion. And it's not true you have to just coordinate,time, and add the "wub wub" crap. Imagine it like a drum or piano. Some artists use various mixers and DJ their own songs.

Dubstep is created in various forms with software, and hardware.

To create a synth you have to have knowledge on what to do with it to create a specific sound- it takes talent to create a working melody that works well with a line of synths.

Also dubstep itself can show passion. Even though you may not get it yourself, aggressive "wub wubs" (wobbles) express a grungy feeling. As you can also add calming synths to create an calm atmosphere. You can FEEL the mood from a song. Like in this.

and this

There are also various sub genres that don't just play generic sounds.
Dubstep uses live samples from real instruments too.

Anyway it's an opinion and rather personality to like dubstep.

But I find it hard to believe you hate all dubstep Micky.

Watch every video from start to finish, every song in order from this channel. http://www.youtube.com/user/HDmusicNexus/videos

Tell me after listening to all current 100 songs that you hate dubstep.
[Image: yesssssss_zpsc49d4672.png]

Messages In This Thread