Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Leonartists' Proof that God Exists
Hearing footsteps that aren't there: There are THOUSANDS of non-paranormal reasons for that. Leaves or snow falling, wood creaking as it cools or heats at night or in the morning, people walking on other floors of multifloor structures, or other parts of large singlefloor ones, minor earthquakes, wind...

Doors slamming shut: Three words. Aerodynamics, hinges, gravity. That's all I should have to say.

Paranormal is just a word used to say "something happened and we don't know why and it seems unusual". Once you find out what happened, it's not paranormal anymore.

If a dove were to flap about in someone's chimney, they might think the odd repetitive thumping and moaning noises were a ghost. They might never find out about the dove in their chimney, so they might never stop thinking it was a ghost. Maybe nobody else will ever find proof that it wasn't a ghost. But that doesn't mean they definitively heard a ghost.

Another point for you to consider: why do all ghost sightings happen in creepy places where we're expecting to see ghosts? Why are there never any ghost sightings at Wal-Marts? in Times Square? at sports arenas? in McDonald's? at places where planes crashed? in hospitals? Why are they always in creepy, ancient houses, or lonely dark highways, or famous historical buildings where people died, or graveyards? I'll tell you why. It's because people are expecting to see them there, and so they convince themselves that they've seen one.

I'm not saying nobody ever saw something weird that could be described as seeing a ghost. I'm not saying that there's a 100% definite chance that ghosts aren't real. I'm here, ain't I? But I'm saying that at least 99% of ghost sightings are misinterpreted, pranks, or faked.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]

Messages In This Thread