Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
My application.
Why should we hire you as a moderator on Buildism? (what qualities do you have that are good for a moderator?)

I use good grammar, for one. I know that's not a qualifying thing in itself but it casts a little more respect on a site when its users, especially moderators and admins, use good grammar.

I'm honest. I try to never lie to anyone. I know, I'm not perfect, but I will tell you what I think.

I tend to mess around but be serious, and I realise people have human error.
I'm not going to whip out the hammer every time I see something out of line and I'm not going to have a guidebook of responses for every situation, because if you stick to iron rules, things become too much of a serious, rather uninviting environment- that can be a bad thing, especially in smaller communities like Buildism.

I also have prior experience, as listed below.

Why do you want to become a moderator?

My main reason for wanting to become a moderator is because I want to be able to play a leading part in a growing community like this. it's what drove me to forum a large amount on CubeBomb, and it's what brought me here. I didn't come here FOR a mod position, but I came to be a part of what's happening now.

Do you have previous experience at any other forum as a moderator?

I've both been a Forum Moderator and am currently a Mod on CubeBomb. I was promoted by an admin the first time, (f-mod), and was then elected recently (a month or 2 ago) as a Mod.

What timezone are you located in?

Central Standard, GMT-6:00, although I'm active almost all day.
~Phoenix, Buildism's resident flaming bird, CubeBomb Moderator, Lua Coder, and overall mature individual. :3

Messages In This Thread
My application. - by Phoenix - 06-15-2011, 02:55 PM