Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Texas Thread
(01-23-2013, 01:07 AM)Myem Wrote: TYL

id try to respond if i knew what that meant,
[Image: whatdidyoudofix.gif]
(01-23-2013, 02:00 AM)Oak Wrote: The southern-western part of Texas where El Paso is I think used to be part of Mexico.

All of it was considered to be part of Mexico before the United States bought a chunk of land that included a portion of northeast Texas. It was not until the 1860's that it was official that the Rio Grande would serve as a border between Texas and Mexico.
[Image: 9g5l9w1mtad.png]
The red dots specify where the bombs will be dropped.
Basic history of Texas:

Texas was colonized by many Native American tribes.

Texas, along with just about everything west of it south of Oregon and Wyoming and such, was colonized by the Spanish, who told the Native Americans to worship Christ or die.

In the mid-1800s, Spain outlawed slavery in Mexico, and Texas revolted, seceding from Mexico to become its own country because they couldn't live without their slaves. Even before the war was over they applied for US Statehood, though it took them a while to be accepted into the Union, partly because of their stance on slavery, partly because the US didn't want to tick off Spain just yet. Eventually they just said "What the $%@#, why not" and beat up Mexico until the Spaniards gave them California and Arizona and whatnot too. Then they carved out Oklahoma from Texas and told the Native Americans to move there or die.

Then of course, in the 1860s, there was the US Civil War over slavery, further complicating things. And of course there's that border dispute Myem mentioned.

And since then, Texas has been a US state.
[Image: iwn8gk.gif]
Doesn't Leon live in El Paso? Also I heard there is a lot of crime there.
[Image: m2m2gSSDCz-2.png]

Well I WAS the walrus.
(01-23-2013, 02:17 AM)Oak Wrote: Doesn't Leon live in El Paso? Also I heard there is a lot of crime there.

El Paso is considered to be one of the safest cities in the US. It's Ciudad Juárez (Which is on the Mexican side of the border) that's one of the most dangerous cities to live in.
I would be scared to live in El Paso because it's in such close proximity to the border of that neighboring Mexican city. Tijuana is very dangerous too.

Well I WAS the walrus.
(01-23-2013, 02:25 AM)Oak Wrote: I would be scared to live in El Paso because it's in such close proximity to the border of that neighboring Mexican city. Tijuana is very dangerous too.

Nah, it would be scarier to live in the seedier parts of Chicago's suburbs where gunfights happen every week than to live on a US-side of a border town. I've never seen cocaine (Besides samples that the border patrol shows us to educate about drugs), illegal firearms, or gunfights happen here in my entire life.

I agree with you on Tijuana, though.
Chicago is a disaster, it's impossible to get rid of their crime rate without having a curfew.

Well I WAS the walrus.