Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What's the latest time that you have ever stayed up?
stayed to 4am as the longest.

i enjoy sleeping in spare time so that is an unusual extent of time for me.
[Image: whatdidyoudofix.gif]
1 day and a half, But I did sleep for 2 days.
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]
(01-13-2013, 06:59 PM)Myem Wrote:
(01-13-2013, 02:16 PM)VenomSinister Wrote: I stayed awake 4 days. I couldn't get sleep and I wasn't even tired. Then I finally got sleep at the fifth day and I was really happy.

You're lucky that you didn't have any visible consequences to your body. Children are much more susceptible to death from sleep deprivation.
(01-13-2013, 06:04 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Wow, I haven't even stayed up all night before.

And I thank 2DWorlds for helping me accomplish my highscore.

Sleep deprivation can be fatal, but it usually takes more than one week. I have heard estimates from 10 days to 3 months. Studies have proven that it can kill though. I do not recommend trying to stay awake for really long times, as any sleep loss is very bad for your health.

Here's what will happen inside just 1 week.

Day 1 without sleep: Extreme fatigue, poor coordination, and low focus.

Day 2: Fatigue Worsens, focus is almost nonexistant. Frequent hunger. Hot and cold flashes add to the misery.

Day 3: Fatigue is replaced by a nervous, almost manic energy. You feel that you can focus, but in reality cannot. Hunger worsens.

Day 4: Fatigue returns. Your body will feel like it is breaking down.You can actually feel your body dying. Most of your time spent in a disassociative fugue. Even without sleeping, you will begin to lose track of large segments of time.

Day 5: This is when the hallucinations start. large blocks of time gone missing, you'll go through entire classes at school, then look up, and realize you are in your room, and the classes never happened. Talk to people, freinds and family for hours, make plans, then look up, and its 10 minutes later in your room. I hear scratching on the walls, but no matter how fast I turn my head, the scratching will always be 90 degrees off center, just out of sight. You might hear gentle, and sometimes not so gentle knocking at your door, to open it and find no one there. Tapping at the window when you are not looking at it.

Day 5.5) about 12 hours into Day 5, the visual hallucinations begin. You will look at something, and small shadows will suddenly dart out of your peripheral vision. If you try to visually follow them, you can't, they're gone, but more will dart the other way out of the corner of the opposite eye. Sometimes, the room will suddenly darken, or slide out of focus. (Interestingly, the shadows running in the corners of your eyes do not).

Day 6: Things start to get really weird, but I'd rather not discuss it.

Okay. And eventually it's fatal.
[Image: 9xgr3l5t0zw.png] This is the map of how many countries Iran will take over.
I only stayed awake a day.
[Image: JVB0D.png]