If Converted, Buildism Can Run on Android
I have a droid! A droid fascinate to be exact. :3
[Image: finn_flag.gif]
(05-10-2011, 04:35 PM)AK-47 Wrote: I think the SmartPhone's processor is too slow for Roblox. I don't know about buildism. It is rather simple.

Roblox has a bit of an advantage on the PC, because it gets to take full advantage of 3D acceleration by your video card. Buildism does it too, but not fully--when the game draws a box, it uses the CPU to figure out where to put the pixels, and your video card actually puts them on the screen. The result is slightly higher CPU usage, especially when a lot of parts are visible at the same time.
Quote:Buildism does it too, but not fully--when the game draws a box, it uses the CPU to figure out where to put the pixels, and your video card actually puts them on the screen.

That isn't hardware acceleration... It's regular rendering.
We definitely use some form of hardware acceleration... without it, it's too slow to be usable.

But the code to draw lines and polygons and so on is written in Java.
(05-10-2011, 09:55 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: We definitely use some form of hardware acceleration... without it, it's too slow to be usable.

But the code to draw lines and polygons and so on is written in Java.

But isn't it basically some commands like "drawLine(x,y)", etc?

If it's hardware-accelerated, then the graphics card is the one that actually does the drawing. If not, then the CPU draws to a buffer which is then sent to the graphics card.