Bad News... Brace yourselves!
I think the worst is over -- me and Jacob calmed things down a bit as well as some other guys. Even Kieron has admitted it isn't all that bad.
(06-07-2011, 11:19 PM)Qwertygiy Wrote: I think the worst is over -- me and Jacob calmed things down a bit as well as some other guys. Even Kieron has admitted it isn't all that bad.

Ok. With a bit of luck, hopefully we won't get as much trolls anymore

:3
O.OLOGICO.O
gawd roblox is full of assholes
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
lets beat them up.
[Image: dancerssssssss.gif]
Idiot.

Oh, and, the small text said ''this is my first thread! Yay!"
Yeah let's be like the Chinese defeating the Japanese in World War II.
[Image: 1te6tmtu01m.png]
the dogs will take over these countries.
(06-08-2011, 01:29 AM)tyler Wrote: Idiot.

What!?
O.OLOGICO.O
Wow, buildism users owned the thread.

Niiiice.
And I owned it some more at some previously unanswered guy.

QwertygiyII Wrote:
Quote: "It's not like I admire ROBLOX, but seriously, we would appreciate it if you made a game with your own ideas.

Please do not pull the "There is a huge difference between them, it's 2D, DERFNERGSHERG" junk on me.

I hate how websites like this have to spend their valuble time thinking of ideas why all you people have to do is copy them and you're good to go."

1: It's a Java based game. ROBLOX uses Ogre and Visual Studio. ROBLOX is 3 dimensional and has been in the works for years and years by professional game coders. Buildism is 2-D and is an indie game made by one person over 8 months.

2: You sure seem to hate what you think is a copy of a site that is itself more a copy of something... Can't remember what exactly that toy is though... Starts with and L and is known world wide...

3: If you actually spent time on the site and looked at EVERYTHING, you'd see that it is very much less of a copy than you would think. (Did you even examine the site at all?)

- Forums: We use a highly customized version of MyBB forums, which are pretty nice. ROBLOX uses some outdated early 2000s forums from Microsoft.

- Wiki: Both sites use a Mediawiki wiki. So? ROBLOX didn't invent it, they used it from someone else too.

- Lua code: Buildism's code is different. Sleep() instead of wait, link(event, function), not to mention many other games use various forms of Lua. (GMod, MC, for example.)

- Editor: Our editor is quite different from the ROBLOX editor. Not only does it look more "neat", not being the classic Windows Exe Blue and Gray colors like ROBLOX, there isn't too much in common. There are no Free Models, just a Showcase compiled by Jacob_. There is an Add/Remove Character button so that you don't have to do Play Solo or any of that junk. And we are working on multiple Worlds as well.

- Community: ROBLOX is full of spammers and trolls as well as nice users among its 15 million plus members. Buildism has maybe 3 trolls who are constantly in-and-out of banland, and an otherwise nice community of about 25-30 returning people out of less than 2000.

- Characters: Yes, they are blockish. So are MC characters. And ours are 2D. The arms are not as long as the torso, the head is bigger in comparison to the body, and the legs are longer. And you can fully design your own character using a template -- the only equivalent of that here is the T-shirt.

- Creators: ROBLOX has over 25 moderators/administrators who constantly work on the game, making it "better" all the time. Buildism has 1 person who works on the code and about 10 moderators, and we are still only barely in Beta.

- Merchandise: ROBLOX has its many forms of Builders Club and its various features, as well as ROBLOX Cards at places like Wal-Mart and Best Buy. Buildism is 100% free.

If you want a site thats very much more a copy of ROBLOX, check out BlckLnd.
Actually we shouldnt make so much drama about it, the trolls isnt anything that mods cant control, and who knows? maybe we get new not-troller members
[Image: evil-dead-deer.gif]