Buildism Review
What motivates you to keep coming back?
Luckyone also made an alt and posted a lot of profane spam yesterday. I think I deleted it before anyone saw it... He is permanently IP banned too because of that. I also deleted all of the comments he has ever posted.

And if you don't want us to be suspicious, then don't use a free web proxy.
Jacob, the IP bans are being given away like hot cakes. Why do you have such a small tolerance now?
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(09-07-2011, 09:53 PM)Interwebs Wrote: Jacob, the IP bans are being given away like hot cakes. Why do you have such a small tolerance now?

Because that's just the way it should be. If someone gets permanently banned, then they shouldn't be able to come back. Making additional accounts to evade bans is against the rules here, and the only advantage to banning someone's account and not their IP is that they can log out and make another account.

I know that on some of those other sites it's acceptable to make more accounts if you get banned, but I think that's either because the admins are lazy or they just want more users and more money. If someone is permabanned then they should not be coming back, unless they convince a moderator to unban them.
(09-07-2011, 10:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: I know that on some of those other sites it's acceptable to make more accounts if you get banned, but I think that's either because the admins are lazy or they just want more users and more money.

Or because nobody bothers to report them and the mods are kept so busy with non-community stuff that they don't even bother to check up on all the thousands of new accounts.
(09-07-2011, 10:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 09:53 PM)Interwebs Wrote: Jacob, the IP bans are being given away like hot cakes. Why do you have such a small tolerance now?

Because that's just the way it should be. If someone gets permanently banned, then they shouldn't be able to come back. Making additional accounts to evade bans is against the rules here, and the only advantage to banning someone's account and not their IP is that they can log out and make another account.

I know that on some of those other sites it's acceptable to make more accounts if you get banned, but I think that's either because the admins are lazy or they just want more users and more money. If someone is permabanned then they should not be coming back, unless they convince a moderator to unban them.

What if your brother and sister want to play thats kind of dun goof'd if you ask me.
[Image: cxAECR.png]
[Image: r8umfc.gif]
Better safe then sorry; and if you actually do have a situation like that then you can contact Jacob's email.
(09-08-2011, 12:16 AM)McNoobster Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 10:02 PM)Jacob_ Wrote:

What if your brother and sister want to play thats kind of dun goof'd if you ask me.

Then you should have thought about them before doing something stupid enough to get IP banned.

The only way to get permanently banned on here is to break a lot of small rules over time or do something really stupid, like post tons of spam threads or get Robloxians to raid the site.
(09-07-2011, 07:28 PM)RickAstley Wrote: Buildism is a great game with a great community. From first glance of your game I could see that your 1 developer has worked very hard on this website.

You say 1 developer like it's a bad thing.

But, I have bad thoughts on the community.
For a website that only allowed 13+, many of you act immature.

Maybe we joined before the rule was implemented.

First of all, this thread caught my eye:
http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-RESPECT...-QWERTYGIY

I've said this to lot's of people - It's a joke. Get over it.

What the users Kieron and Qwertygiy did was really immature, I wouldn't expect this from a moderator and ex-buildism user.

Which is why Kieron is banned - he's immature. Also, It's a joke. Get over it.

Another thread I have read: http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-My-resi...e-internet

Yeah, what's bad about that? He's allowed to say goodbye.

Your so-called Community Manager could of kept it to himself, many people use the computer for educational/social reasons, they also use it when they are depressed.

You think you know a lot, but he was never CM.

I flipped back a few pages on Buildism Discussion and The Community, a lot of stuff has been said about this user 'Kieron'. I checked the wiki to see what I could find and it turns out he is hated by many of you all. After further research, a user named 'Who' stated:
*insert long list of kierons idiotic acts*
And the user 'CheeseSticks' stated:
"He did a lot of idiotic acts and blamed it on his hormones."
According to a Private Message, Kieron claimed he had Precocious Puberty. I am neutral in this situation, as many of you wouldn't say what he did - which makes me think you were lieing, but, though Kieron had precocious puberty, what he has apparently done according to the community is unacceptable. I think his punishment shouldn't be so severe.

First of all, it's Hippo_Yay. Get it right. Secondly, you say it's harsh that he is IP banned for organising a raid and flaming and spamming? Also, all these proxy alts (including yourself) don't exactly help the cause. He will be let back sometime in 2012 or 2013.

Then I came across a user named Luckyone, he has attracted a lot of attention on this website for "Spamming". A user named 'Broloxer' posted an image of Luckyone posting countless numbers of empty messages on his shoutbox. After several other posts I figured that there were no posts about what he did except his Spamming. If you wish to back-up arguments, just lock the posts, not delete.

Why did you say "Spamming" in quotations? He did spam. And he posted vulgar spam everywhere, which is why he was banned.

So my ratings on Buildism are as followed:

Game: 9/10

Community: 4.5/10

And my ratings on the review are this:

3/10

You barely explained the game bit and the community bit was biased or lies.

Yo dawg, I heard you like reviews.
[Image: paperboy.PNG]
True beauty.
(09-08-2011, 02:46 PM)Hippo_Yay Wrote:
(09-07-2011, 07:28 PM)RickAstley Wrote: Buildism is a great game with a great community. From first glance of your game I could see that your 1 developer has worked very hard on this website.

You say 1 developer like it's a bad thing.
No he isn't

But, I have bad thoughts on the community.
For a website that only allowed 13+, many of you act immature.

Maybe we joined before the rule was implemented.
Banned

First of all, this thread caught my eye:
http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-RESPECT...-QWERTYGIY

I've said this to lot's of people - It's a joke. Get over it.
K

What the users Kieron and Qwertygiy did was really immature, I wouldn't expect this from a moderator and ex-buildism user.

Which is why Kieron is banned - he's immature. Also, It's a joke. Get over it.
Actually mainly because he's an arse.

Another thread I have read: http://buildism.net/forum/Thread-My-resi...e-internet

Yeah, what's bad about that? He's allowed to say goodbye.
That's not even the point you illiterate hippo

Your so-called Community Manager could of kept it to himself, many people use the computer for educational/social reasons, they also use it when they are depressed.

You think you know a lot, but he was never CM.
Ashely was the CM you illiterate hippo

I flipped back a few pages on Buildism Discussion and The Community, a lot of stuff has been said about this user 'Kieron'. I checked the wiki to see what I could find and it turns out he is hated by many of you all. After further research, a user named 'Who' stated:
*insert long list of kierons idiotic acts*
And the user 'CheeseSticks' stated:
"He did a lot of idiotic acts and blamed it on his hormones."
According to a Private Message, Kieron claimed he had Precocious Puberty. I am neutral in this situation, as many of you wouldn't say what he did - which makes me think you were lieing, but, though Kieron had precocious puberty, what he has apparently done according to the community is unacceptable. I think his punishment shouldn't be so severe.

First of all, it's Hippo_Yay. Get it right. Secondly, you say it's harsh that he is IP banned for organising a raid and flaming and spamming? Also, all these proxy alts (including yourself) don't exactly help the cause. He will be let back sometime in 2012 or 2013.
First of all nobody cares about you getting your name changed. Secondly if you weren't illiterate you would know that this user has no idea about the raiding and such. Also, he's not coming back. He's used up all his chances pretty much

Then I came across a user named Luckyone, he has attracted a lot of attention on this website for "Spamming". A user named 'Broloxer' posted an image of Luckyone posting countless numbers of empty messages on his shoutbox. After several other posts I figured that there were no posts about what he did except his Spamming. If you wish to back-up arguments, just lock the posts, not delete.

Why did you say "Spamming" in quotations? He did spam. And he posted vulgar spam everywhere, which is why he was banned.
BECAUSE IT'S A QUOTE

So my ratings on Buildism are as followed:

Game: 9/10

Community: 4.5/10

And my ratings on the review are this:

3/10

You barely explained the game bit and the community bit was biased or lies.
-- No it wasn't. It's true, the community is full of ridiculous and stupid drama

Yo dawg, I heard you like reviews.

Yo dawg, I heard you had reading difficulties.

Trololol