I need help.
I Didnt read your second post.
It's really up to you, are you going to stay on the wrong track? or get off and get on a new train? I'm sure their are programs, sports you can play.
Hello
You live in some weird neighborhood...
Are there even any teens in that neighborhood?
(04-30-2012, 12:29 AM)noob007 Wrote: Have you always been homeschooled?

I've moved to a whole different country, with different languages, styles, fads, etc. twice in my life. Since I'm pretty sure we're all teenagers here, what I think is most important in this age group is a good school. Really. By good school I also mean that you surround yourself with the right people. You need to go to places where it's likely to find others with similar interests as you, or may just be entertaining. You may not be able to change where you go to school and such, but that's my advice.

I did have one experience with a school of sorts; a thing hosted by the local (by local I mean the big city that was 50 miles away) science museum. It was good; it was one of the things I gave up when I moved. But even the friends I made there, and knew from another place I went to as well, just weren't the same as her. And even if I could, I don't think I'd want to go to a public school... I've had experience with high-schoolers before, back before I moved, and I don't know if every outgoing junior-high teenager is this bad (I doubt they are) but what kind of idiots write "DIE [ censored ]" in 1-foot letters in permanent marker on a playground meant for 7-year-olds? I've also heard so many horror stories about the teachers, and the subjects, and all in all I prefer homeschooling in every way except the home part. It's very solitary.
(04-30-2012, 12:31 AM)Ashely Wrote: I Didnt read your second post.
It's really up to you, are you going to stay on the wrong track? or get off and get on a new train? I'm sure their are programs, sports you can play.

I've never been very good at any sports, even if I knew anywhere to play them. I tried indoor soccer for about 5 years when I was younger, but I was never that good -- I'm definitely not fat, I'm not really overweight either, but I just can't constantly sprint and I have only a decent sense of strategy. One team I was on only won two games because nobody could keep their position. And I used to go to a nice computer-assembly/programming/recycling program... If that hadn't switched management, I would probably feel the same way about losing it as I do now. I don't know if there's anything like that around here though.
I don't get Home Schooling...are you just in a room, BY YOURSELF?? If it's true, that is very solitary.
(04-30-2012, 12:33 AM)Franco30557 Wrote: You live in some weird neighborhood...
Are there even any teens in that neighborhood?

There's one girl who lives pretty much across the street. We were okay friends before I moved down here, but she's even shier than I am and we've basically just drifted apart. She's definitely not one of the "DIE [ censored ]" writers, but she's definitely more into public school and your typical "prank-player" kind of person. Our personalities just don't fit together that well.

(04-30-2012, 12:39 AM)Franco30557 Wrote: I don't get Home Schooling...are you just in a room, BY YOURSELF?? If it's true, that is very solitary.

Worse, I have to be with my two younger sisters. I don't hate them or anything, but there's only so much bickering and cheesy attempts at jokes and intentional annoyingment that you can take. And it's not like a rigid school schedule or anything; we have off days and no set curriculums, for which I'm glad because when schedules get too tight I have issues.
(04-30-2012, 12:35 AM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

I've moved to a whole different country, with different languages, styles, fads, etc. twice in my life. Since I'm pretty sure we're all teenagers here, what I think is most important in this age group is a good school. Really. By good school I also mean that you surround yourself with the right people. You need to go to places where it's likely to find others with similar interests as you, or may just be entertaining. You may not be able to change where you go to school and such, but that's my advice.

I did have one experience with a school of sorts; a thing hosted by the local (by local I mean the big city that was 50 miles away) science museum. It was good; it was one of the things I gave up when I moved. But even the friends I made there, and knew from another place I went to as well, just weren't the same as her. And even if I could, I don't think I'd want to go to a public school... I've had experience with high-schoolers before, back before I moved, and I don't know if every outgoing junior-high teenager is this bad (I doubt they are) but what kind of idiots write "DIE [ censored ]" in 1-foot letters in permanent marker on a playground meant for 7-year-olds? I've also heard so many horror stories about the teachers, and the subjects, and all in all I prefer homeschooling in every way except the home part. It's very solitary.

The world isn't perfect, but hiding from the imperfections around you instead of facing them is bad because you will be exposed to them sooner or later. Not to sadden you further, but college may be a bit difficult without high school experience. And I hope so very much that you do go to a good college. That's why I think high school is so important, however crappy it may seem at the time.
Why can't you just be by yourself at Home-school, and you could try hangout with that girl across the street again?
(04-30-2012, 12:43 AM)noob007 Wrote:
(04-30-2012, 12:35 AM)Qwertygiy Wrote:

The world isn't perfect, but hiding from the imperfections around you instead of facing them is bad because you will be exposed to them sooner or later. Not to sadden you further, but college may be a bit difficult without high school experience. And I hope so very much that you do go to a good college. That's why I think high school is so important, however crappy it may seem at the time.

I hope I do too; but my family isn't very rich or anything. I currently have a $150+ IOU to my dad, mostly for gas money. We have enough to eat and everything, we're not poor, but I've kind of been not thinking about the fact I'm probably not going to be able to go to a college, at least not for a few years. I really don't know for sure anything about it because it's not like I've discussed it with my parents or anything, but -- well, I've not really discussed it with my parents or anything and vice versa. That says a little bit.

And god, I'm getting all doom-and-gloom-and-depression, aren't I? My friend had told me about a month ago that she'd entered and won some drawing to go to the county college instead of high-school.

(04-30-2012, 12:43 AM)Franco30557 Wrote: Why can't you just be by yourself at Home-school, and you could try hangout with that girl across the street again?

And if it wasn't bad enough with everything else, our house is way too small to have anywhere to be by myself. My room is basically a corner with my laptop, my PS2, a bunch of books, my bed, and my keyboard, with my sisters in the opposite corner.
Why did you even have to move, anyway. If you was happy where you were, why did your parents make the decision to move?
(04-30-2012, 12:49 AM)Franco30557 Wrote: Why did you even have to move, anyway. If you was happy where you were, why did your parents make the decision to move?

1: Our county was getting washed-out, economically.

2: My dad's self-employed, and over the past 10 years several other companies doing the same business had popped up and made it harder to get jobs.

3: My grandfather died about 3 years ago, and then (the date I joined Buildism, actually) my dad's business partner and close friend died, and so we all moved to my grandmother's house.