Apple Will Go Down Hill
A5 chip is only good for Infinity Blade. That's it.
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(05-11-2011, 03:41 AM)Ming-Yan Wrote: I use Windows 7 ATM and I used to think XP was fast. To tell the truth "speed" is based off of hardware not OS.

I loaded Linux on my old dell laptop and it still lagged (and eventually died anyway).
If you didn't know the A5 is for graphics as stated by Steve Jobs.

Load Linux on your main computer and you will see what computers were meant to be.
"Speed" is mostly based on your CPU usage...
[Image: 76561198037039305.png]
[Image: nmdd7o.gif]
(05-11-2011, 04:12 AM)Interwebs Wrote: "Speed" is mostly based on your CPU usage...

If you have an OS that uses all your CPU time for useless background stuff, then not really.
I have to admit, my computer I installed Linux on really isn't that fast, Flash sound is delayed by like a quarter of a second (not good for making music), and installing software is really annoying and hard to do (other than the software center, which isn't very organised anyway)
I like messing with terminal, and gedit is a good simple editor though
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(05-11-2011, 04:33 AM)toast Wrote: I have to admit, my computer I installed Linux on really isn't that fast, Flash sound is delayed by like a quarter of a second (not good for making music), and installing software is really annoying and hard to do (other than the software center, which isn't very organised anyway)

Well, using Synaptic or Software Center sure is a lot easier than going to random websites and downloading executables.
(05-11-2011, 05:55 AM)noob007 Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 04:33 AM)toast Wrote: I have to admit, my computer I installed Linux on really isn't that fast, Flash sound is delayed by like a quarter of a second (not good for making music), and installing software is really annoying and hard to do (other than the software center, which isn't very organised anyway)

Well, using Synaptic or Software Center sure is a lot easier than going to random websites and downloading executables.

If what you want isn't in the Software Center, after you finally find a linux alternative it's really complicated to install, whereas executables you just click on them and they run.

It took me so long to set up flash player
[Image: 5widdh.png]
Siggy by McNoobster!
[Image: loading.gif]
(05-11-2011, 04:12 AM)Interwebs Wrote: "Speed" is mostly based on your CPU usage...

The amount of CPU available is based off of your computer.
EG. I can be using 30% of my CPU and another guy is using 50% but I am using more CPU because my computer has more CPU.

To tell the truth, I have not gotten speed problems with Window 7. I'm not saying Linux would be faster, it's just Linux is incompatible with the daily software I use.
Another reason why I don't like the mac OS.

They can just run .exe on a click...
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
(05-11-2011, 07:03 AM)toast Wrote:
(05-11-2011, 05:55 AM)noob007 Wrote:

If what you want isn't in the Software Center, after you finally find a linux alternative it's really complicated to install, whereas executables you just click on them and they run.

It took me so long to set up flash player

Flash player exists both in Software Center and Synaptic...

Also, if you go to the adobe website, you will find an easy Linux Flash installer.
Windows is better because:

- Almost every program is compatible with Windows.
- Most documents are made using word, and Presentations with Powerpoint.

I think that most servers use Linux because it is free and open-source. Also, it can run fairly efficiently. Unlike Window's friggin' Vista.

Mac owns the Music Business, but they don't have anything with gaming. Windows, on the other hand, has consoles like the Xbox.