Does Buildism use the same Lua as ROBLOX?
That's because the site host stinks; Jacob_'s hoping to get some ads so that he can get a non-free web host.

And the main Wiki is at the top of the page, the Convert page is here, and the Object list is here.

Some quick notes: You can use links in your game to offsite textures and sounds, but MP3s won't work; and there are some textures uploaded in the Wiki.
Will MP3s eventually be an addition to the game?

Also, thanks for the links.

Seems pretty easy, just a few minor changes in it. Tongue
Jacob_'s said he doesn't want to deal with stolen music in the game, so I don't think so -- and if it does there'll probably be some "Buildism.net Only" restriction to it.

.WAVs, .MIDs, and .AIFFs are fine, and in the Scripting Forum I have a compiled list of sounds that work ingame, with a bunch of sound effects and MIDIs.
It's easy to convert an MP3 to WAV so I don't think blocking MP3 actually helps much...
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]
I haven't come across a program that does that...

And .WAVs take up a lot more space -- anything 3 MB or larger will take too long to load reasonably.
Use .aiffs for music.
(06-24-2011, 11:50 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: Use .aiffs for music.

Giant file size is giant.
I have some .aiff songs taken from old Mac games; some of them are small but some of them from later games are over 6 MB. So I guess it depends on which program/settings you use.
[Image: NpEbD.jpg]

Also, MIDI music works if you can find some that doesn't sound terrible.
Do you know any program that will convert MP3s to AIFFs, or (just because I'm good at stuff like this) a program that can write MIDIs?
Audacity can easily convert to MP3.
[Image: siggggg.gif?t=1312782506]

[Image: signature.png?t=1312081740]