VIP Door
Documentation and licence are included in the script.

Included in this thread :
VIP Door.bsmodel (3.5 KB) -A ready to use VIP door.
VIP Door Script.lua (3.26 KB) -A copy of the script.
VIP Door Script.txt (3.26 KB) -A copy of the script.
VIP Door Place.buildism (5.55 KB) -A place containing a VIP door.

This script was tested. All of it's functionnalities are working.

If you like the script, please click this link.
You can also click the 'Thanks' button under the post.

You can also go here and leave a comment.

You have a suggestion for this script? An update? An idea? PM me, I'll probably add it and publish it on the official script. I'll also put your name on the thanks list, which is in the next message.

Please avoid to post here if you can PM me instead. I want this thread to contain useful content, not useless junk.

[lua]vips = {"Player"} --Who is allowed through the door?
opentime = 1 --How much time will the door be open in seconds?
transparency = 0.5 --How transparent is the door when open?
doorkills = false --Does the door kill intruders?

--[[Documentation of this script :
VIP Door Script by [Guest/Aroblix].

Installation :

The installation of this script is simple. You just have to put the script in the box you want to be the VIP door and then set the settings.

Settings :

To allow someone through the door, you must add his name in the VIPs table. Here is how :
You see at the first line of this script? It is the permission table.
To add a VIP player in that table, just type a comma followed by the name of the player in double quotes.
Don't add the testing user (Guest) in the table, he is always allowed (unless someone edited the script).

To change the time before the door closes, just go at the second line of the script.
You will see a variable called opentime. Just set it's value to the number of seconds you want the door to remain open after being opened.

To change the transparency of the door when it is opened, just change the value of the variable at the third line of the script.
0 - Normal
0.5 - Averagely transparent
1 - Invisible

To make the door kill non-VIPs players that touch it, set the variable 'doorkills' to true.
This feature is not really nice and is not needed, but it can be useful to prevent non-VIPs players from getting in when a VIP opens the door.
WARNING : At the moment these lines are written, respawning causes some lag.

Open source FTW!
]]
--[['Licence' of this script : -Please read this whole licence. It is not long and it is important.

Do not republish this, one version is enough. There is no need to have 50 times the exact same script everywhere on the site.

If you still republish it, atleast, do not include your name in the permission list. That's selfish.

This script is open source and must remain open source. That means everyone is free to have it, use it and edit it.

Any model created using this or a part of this script must be open source and contain this licence. They also have to include the documentation.
That means you can't obfuscate or sell anything made using one or many part of this script. Parts of this script include :
1.The documentation.
2.The licence.
3.The code.

Not respecting this 'licence' won't necessary end in anything bad done to you, but it's better not to take risks.
]]

if not script.Parent.Fixed then --There's no point in having an unanchored VIP door.
script.Parent.Fixed = true
end

function check(playername)
for count,name in pairs(vips) do
if ((string.lower(playername) == string.lower(name)) or (playername == "Guest")) then --Guest is the name of the default user when testing.
return true
end
return false
end
end

function open(part)
if part.Parent:isA('Character') then
if check(part.Parent.Name) then
script.Parent.Collidable = false
script.Parent.Transparency = transparency
sleep(opentime)
script.Parent.Collidable = true
script.Parent.Transparency = 0
elseif doorkills then
part:remove()
end
end
end
link(script.Parent.Collided, open)
--Coded by [Guest/Aroblix] using Notepad++.[/lua]
Thanks list

This list regroups every player that helped to the realisation and improvement of this script. It is updated everytime a player needs to be added to it.

Thanks to :

Jacob_ for : Creating Buildism.
Guest for : Everything else.

Attached Files
.txt   VIP Door Script.txt (Size: 3.26 KB / Downloads: 28)
.buildism   VIP Door Place.buildism (Size: 5.55 KB / Downloads: 28)
.bsmodel   VIP Door.bsmodel (Size: 3.5 KB / Downloads: 103)
.lua   VIP Door Script.lua (Size: 3.26 KB / Downloads: 57)
Lol for Guest. Ty for the script.
That's fairly close to the Roblox script, hardly any differences whatsoever.

I'm going ahead with my thoughts that this game is a fail copy of Roblox.
(03-31-2011, 11:28 PM)Fexter Wrote: That's fairly close to the Roblox script, hardly any differences whatsoever.

I'm going ahead with my thoughts that this game is a fail copy of Roblox.

even though that this is user created